dormant hairs

teerak

Reaction score
seeking some advice in regards to the various cycles of growth . after eleven months of treatment using minoxidol lotions and applying regular scalp massages I have noticed some patches of fine hair sprouting at the front of the scalp . these follicles have just penetrated the surface after a period of eleven months and are fine and wispy in texture some measuring 1/2 cm in length . these hairs have been dormant for over ten years and they are slowly becoming more visible but it is a very slow process of regrowth for me as i am a diffuse thinner although my hair seems to have stabilised a little . if it has taken eleven months for these hairs to penetrate the surface of my scalp what timeframe could be expected for these hairs to reach a decent level where they become a bit coarser and denser in texture . I have read about the terminal cycle which could take up to 24 months to reach maturity so it will be interesting to see how these newly sprouting hairs develop over the next six months to one year . will put a pic up next week thnks

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
If these hairs have been gone for 10 years, then they may never regrow into terminal hairs. They may become thicker, but don't count on it. You could try stronger minoxidil (10-15%).

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair's thickness is predeterminated by the dermal papilla, then it can not change its thickness in the same hair cycle. You need a new hair in order to increase the thickness of it.

br1

Reaction score
hair's thickness is predeterminated by the dermal papilla, then it can not change its thickness in the same hair cycle. You need a new hair in order to increase the thickness of it.

How come? I have been watching my hair becoming thinner and thinner, without shedding. It's hair in the same cycle, getting thinner.. :|

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
How come? I have been watching my hair becoming thinner and thinner, without shedding. It's hair in the same cycle, getting thinner.. :|

Probably you are wrong, look a single long hair with a microscope and you'll see that the thickness is the same over all its lenght.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, its also why it can be a good sign if you have little hairs across your bald regions that fall out, or if your hairline starts to thin during the early stages of treatment. I have been through these and it is incredibly frustrating that all I can do is wait and keep up the regimen.

teerak

Reaction score
my routine consists of 1ml of provilus in the morning and 1ml of dualglen15 at night and one finastride tablet . in conjunction to this i have two scalp massages a day and within an eleven month period i have never experienced any shedding or problems with dandruff . previously i had a small amount of dandruff and occasional shedding but this has not occured since going on the routine . progress is very slow and tedious and as my frontal hairs have been in a dormant phase for over ten years it has taken eleven months for these hairs to penetrate the surface of the scalp and become visible . this process is in its very early stage with clusters of very fine short hairs beginning to emerge in areas that have been bald for over ten years . i havent plucked any hairs and examined the texture or thickness of them as yet but because it has taken such a long time for the hair to penetrate the surface of the scalp and they are still in an infancy period of growth . it will be interesting to see what duration of time is required for them to strengthen and grow a bit longer . i am hopeful just have to be patient