dotsona's story - (starting treatments)

dotsona

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Well I am happy to say that I have caught my hairloss early, and I mean VERY early. As of now I have no real visible loss, and my hair is semi thick, maybe a little thin in some areas, but I have enough on my head to make some people kill for it, so I would say I have a good amount. Anyhow, I started losing alot of hair about 2 years ago, I thought it was nothing so I decided to blow it off, now at the age of 20, I have finally decided to start taking action to prevent any further loss, with my main goal being to halt my hairloss. Of course I am rather worried since my father is balding pretty bad, and the same goes for my moms side of the family, so my odds are not quite that good. Which is why I am taking action now.

Further more, today I thought I would shake my head over the sink for a minute or two to see how many hairs would fall out, I painstakingly collected every hair and counted them to see how many I lossed at one sitting, I ended up counting 284 hairs, which is much more than what the average person should be losing. I just started taking propecia about 3 weeks ago, and I am not sure if I am in the shedding stages or not, but that could have possibly attributed to it. I provided some pictures for you to view below.

3131321.jpg

31231232.jpg

I'll keep everyone updated on my hair count, hopefully I will go back down to losing 50 hairs a day.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: My Story (new to forum)

good job ... I experienced the same thing but I didn't see it coming 4-5 years ago. you're right that you should not ignore that.
good luck!

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score

that was like me too, i woudl shake my head and literally 3-4 strands would fall off. when i woke up in the morning my pillow would be covered.

i have been on propecia for alil over 1.5 years and rarely drop more than 15-20 strands a day.

goodluck!

dotsona

Reaction score

Great to hear that ps1! Definitely some great news for me, lets hope I am a good responder, so far I have had 0 side effects, I did for the first week, but it looks like my body has adjusted to it! :)

dotsona

Reaction score
UPDATE July 8, 2008

Hello everyone again, I am happy to report that my hair has stopped falling out, I am now on my 3rd month with Propecia (0.5mg) 0 side effects, and today I did the 60 second hair test over the sink and lost only 10 hairs, that's amazing compared to what I was losing before (roughly over 100) I thought I would just let you guys know. So far the Propecia timeline, which is on Mercks site, has been pretty accurate for me :) Thank god :D

dotsona

Reaction score
I think that sarcasm but ill answer anyway :), its when you stand over the sink, put your fingers in your hair, and shake like crazy lol and watch how many hairs fall out