DownTheDrains Story

DownTheDrain

Reaction score
Ok. I haven't been the most active poster on the hairlosstalk forum. But I have always been an avid reader. Great info here!

Looking back at the dates of my earlier posts. My hairloss started in 2006. Even though I still had quite a lot of hair. I could see that it was thinner on the top of my scalp compared to before. However, I was able to maintain what I had using Revivogen and applying spironolactone Cream on the temples and hairline.

I quit Revivogen in around mid of 2008 because I found it was too expensive and I started losing ground. Since then I added Dr. Lee's #500 minoxidil twice a day, applying spironolactone Cream all over the top of my scalp. For some reason I never got any regrowth from adding minoxidil but strangely, it made my hair follicles thicker. But I think I was still losing some ground again when it came to 2009.

From mid of 2009, I decided to add Dr. Lee's minoxidil 6% with finasteride which I started off just using in the evenings along with #500 minoxidil in the morning and spironolactone applications in the evenings. But since October 2009, I have been using the following:
> Dr Lee's minoxidil/finasteride morning and evening.
> spironolactone Cream evening.
> Nizrol 2% every other day
> Keratese Specifique on nizoral off days.

I can definitely see that my hair has gone thinner on the top of my scalp to the front. You can't notice it after styling. But I really need to get a grip on my hair.

I am thinking of changing my Regime to the following:
> Dr Lee's 15% Xandrox with finasteride in the evenings.
> spironolactone cream in the evenings.
> Nizrol 2% every other day
> Keratese Specifique on nizoral off days.
> Fincar 0.5mg daily. Screw it! I might even go hard core and take 1mg a day. :)

I would be grateful if you guys could tell my what you think I am missing or any other useful info.

Would adding 15& Xandrox get me any growth? All the other minoxidil solutions I have tried did not get me any vellus hairs.

Many Thanks!

qball

Reaction score
Looks like you are doing everything you can. Adding the fincar was a good idea. Just keep up with it religiously. Out of curiosity, do you have an oily head?

DownTheDrain

Reaction score
Nope no oily head. Why do you ask?

But I would like to know from anyone if adding a higher concentration of minoxidil would help me get some results? Or do I need to try some other minoxidil solution that stays on my scalp longer to increase absorption?

DownTheDrain

Reaction score
Ok I have ordered a pack of Fincar from InhousePharmacy. Hope I get it soon and I also hope I have the balls to take it when it arrives! :)

DownTheDrain

Reaction score
Ok. I have to admit after my last post I decided not to take finasteride that I got from InhousePharmacy. I guess you could say I chickened out. My hair didn't seem too bad. Well thats what I kept telling myself...

But I can honestly say that I am on the Propecia wagon from today. I am going to take 0.5mg everyday and see how it goes. Then if I feel really wacky, I will go onto the whole 1mg!

I ordered my Propecia from http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/ without a prescription. I decided to pay a bit extra to ensure I got real finasteride.

I will post some pictures of my current state soon. I would really appreciate any advice.