Dr. Armani Trained Doctors

bighurt

Reaction score
so i called the new Alvi Armani office in NYC last week (they actually don't officially open until next week). anyway, the consultant that I spoke with said that Dr. Armani works out of Beverly Hills now and that the Toronto office has doctors that have been trained by Dr. Armani himself. he said that the Armani trained doctors in Toronto cost about 1/2 of what Armani himself costs ($6-7 vs. $13-14). i'm not sure if this is for FUE or FUSS.

anyway, i have scheduled an appointment for next week in NYC and will of course find out everything i can then, but does anyone know what i'm talking about?

would a "dr. armani trained" doctor be any better than anyone else? i wanted to go to armani after hearing so many positive things, seeing the pics on his website, etc. but i'm contemplating 3k-4k grafts and can't really afford $14 per graft for armani himself (assuming that is for FUSS and not FUE). does Armani only do FUE now? anyone know anything about his move to Beverly Hills?

i'm kind of torn about this. on the one hand, i would think that Armani would be able to train others to do the procedure just as well as him (and why would he risk putting his name on surgeries that he's not confident in?), but on the other hand, who knows?

any feedback would be appreciated. also, i'll let you know what i find out after the consultation.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
You should check out capitol one, they have a payment plan for cosmetic surgery. You can range it up to 5 years, and I'm assuming the APR is based on your credit rating. You could probably put a down payment to lessen the monthly payments.

As far as the 'Armani Trained' surgeons, I have no clue if they're better than anyone else. I believe I read that Rahal was trained by Armani, and some consider him to be top-notch. You should probably look around and assess the differences of other surgeons before diving in with Armani. I believe hairlosshelp.com would probably be more help for your questions. There's a lot of people on there that share their experiences with their surgeon.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
bighurt said:
so i called the new Alvi Armani office in NYC last week (they actually don't officially open until next week). anyway, the consultant that I spoke with said that Dr. Armani works out of Beverly Hills now and that the Toronto office has doctors that have been trained by Dr. Armani himself. he said that the Armani trained doctors in Toronto cost about 1/2 of what Armani himself costs ($6-7 vs. $13-14). i'm not sure if this is for FUE or FUSS.

anyway, i have scheduled an appointment for next week in NYC and will of course find out everything i can then, but does anyone know what i'm talking about?

would a "dr. armani trained" doctor be any better than anyone else? i wanted to go to armani after hearing so many positive things, seeing the pics on his website, etc. but i'm contemplating 3k-4k grafts and can't really afford $14 per graft for armani himself (assuming that is for FUSS and not FUE). does Armani only do FUE now? anyone know anything about his move to Beverly Hills?

i'm kind of torn about this. on the one hand, i would think that Armani would be able to train others to do the procedure just as well as him (and why would he risk putting his name on surgeries that he's not confident in?), but on the other hand, who knows?

any feedback would be appreciated. also, i'll let you know what i find out after the consultation.

I've been concered about the same thing. I asked them and they said that the you will get the same result whether you go with Armani or one of his doctors. Whether or not this is true, I don't know. I believe its usually its best to go with the master rather than the pupil.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Personally i would go with however was the best. The last thing the armani clinic is going to say is there not as good as almani but they need practice...course there not, but look at the difference in price. If they are as good as almani they would be charging nearer to what it costs for Dr A himself.

Either way though i'm sure they are pretty good, otherwise the clinic would not put their trust in them :D

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Personally i would go with however was the best. The last thing the armani clinic is going to say is there not as good as almani but they need practice...course there not, but look at the difference in price. If they are as good as almani they would be charging nearer to what it costs for Dr A himself.

Either way though i'm sure they are pretty good, otherwise the clinic would not put their trust in them :D

Good points. However, I disagree on one issue. I don't think that a lower price means they aren't as good. Armani is expensive becuase of the demand. He has the name recognition and nobody knows the techs. After Rahal left Armani, he was able to gain recognition as a top Doctor. It may be that the other doctors are top docs that are yet to to be discovered.

haggis

Reaction score
bighurt said:

Seems like he is setting up a hair mill type company :pissed:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Exactly he's just trying to build up an empire. But its only a real Armani hair transplant if its actualy performed by him.
The golden rule is the guy who's name is on the sign outside the clinic should be the same guy who actually performs the surgery.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
haggis said:
bighurt said:

Seems like he is setting up a hair mill type company :pissed:

In dealing with their office, I felt it was very much like a hair mill. They gave me short answers and didn't seem to give a fuk about me as a person or about any kind of long-term strategy. It is definately a hair mill, but if they can turn out top quality results, then I really don't care. I asked them if they have pictures of work done by the armani trained doctors and they said they didn't which makes me suspicious. However, they said they will be posting some in the future when they redo their website. Hopefully some posters who have had the armani docs will post about their experiences.

hawk001

Reaction score
Dr. Alvi Armani seems to be recommended by Spencer Kobren, President from the American Hair Loss Association. There are quite a few patient videos on YouTube. I have been researching for the right surgeon since 2005 and still continue to research. Any assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hawk001 said:
Dr. Alvi Armani seems to be recommended by Spencer Kobren, President from the American Hair Loss Association. There are quite a few patient videos on YouTube. I have been researching for the right surgeon since 2005 and still continue to research. Any assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

de ja vous?

Hawk001,
You posted the exact same reply in this topic as you did on other topics, Spencer Kobren is paid to recommend his sponsors, nor has he had a hair transplant by Armani.

If you have been researching since 2005 you should know who is the best and who to avoid.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Does not matter if they have been trained by Armani because a doctor will do his own thing regardless of what he learns. The personality of the doctor is going to determine a good hair transplant. A doctor who is a*** retentive and a perfectionist will do the best job. A doctor who is more laid back and just does average work will not do such a great job even if Armani trained him.