Dr A's work looks very impressive.

CCS

Reaction score
http://www.blogger.com/profile/11256795509145488300

And I saw pics of body hair that grew out from the scalp to 3 inches long. Only problem is he is in India. But I might fly there for BHT.

I looked at a lot of other hair transplant Doctor's web pages, including Dr Cole. They said BHT is highly experimental and risky. I take that to mean they are saying they are not skilled at it. But just because a few other docs act optimistic does not mean they are skilled. Maybe they just show their very best pictures.

But if I get BHT, I'll go with Dr Umar or Dr A. The longer I wait, the better they will get. But the US Dollar will collapse soon when that stimulus package has its full effect, so I might be wise to get a huge session sooner than later.

CCS

Reaction score
Another reason I want to go to Dr A is he works on Indians, and does more BHT than anyone else. If he can do BHT on dark skinned Indians, I bet his donor scars are not noticeable at all.

He charges $1-2 for FUE, and $3.50 to $4 for BHT. Most doctors charge half as much for BHT as for FUE. Why? Because for them it is experimental. Their BHT results are much worse than their FUE results.

A lot of doctors can do OK FUE, and any scars are hidden under the hair. That is why Dr A must charge low prices to attract customers from the US. He has to compete with their OK work. But BHT is different. Not many doctors can do BHT. Even Dr Cole said it is very unpredictable and experimental. And with the donor scars out where everyone can see them, only the best doctors can charge the most. That is why he charges the same price in India as Dr Umar charges in Los Angeles.

I'm not sure which of the two doctors I will go to. Maybe Umar is as good as Dr A. But Dr A has a LOT more before and after pictures, and a lot more info on his site. I think I'll save up for a big session and fly to India for Dr A. Might even pay him a bit extra to make him very happy.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:

And I saw pics of body hair that grew out from the scalp to 3 inches long. Only problem is he is in India. But I might fly there for BHT.

I looked at a lot of other hair transplant Doctor's web pages, including Dr Cole. They said BHT is highly experimental and risky. I take that to mean they are saying they are not skilled at it. But just because a few other docs act optimistic does not mean they are skilled. Maybe they just show their very best pictures.

But if I get BHT, I'll go with Dr Umar or Dr A. The longer I wait, the better they will get. But the US Dollar will collapse soon when that stimulus package has its full effect, so I might be wise to get a huge session sooner than later.

Have you had any consults till now? You have shortlisted the best doctors in my opinion.
I have dark skin and white dot scarring was my major concern when I went for my bht using beard hair. So, I understand your point. All I can say is, I didnt see any scars on myself nor on 2 other patients I met before getting my hair transplant. Hope that helps.

CCS

Reaction score
Your signature says you went to Dr. Arvind Poswal. I googled Dr. Arvind Poswal and found he is Dr A of India. That is the doctor I said was the best. Look at the title of this thread. How have a short listed him?

Right now Dr A is my first choice. 90% chance I'll go to him. Just having a little look at the Istanbul guy and Dr Umar as well.

Thanks for clearing up who Dr A is. Yeah, the fact that he does BHT in India where the skin is dark is promising. He does more BHT than any other doctor by a long shot, and the body hair grows out to full head hair length and diameter. I've seen pictures. Obviously they can be faked, but I'm just about sold.

setokun

Reaction score
Devender said:
CCS said:

Have you had any consults till now? You have shortlisted the best doctors in my opinion.
I have dark skin and white dot scarring was my major concern when I went for my bht using beard hair. So, I understand your point. All I can say is, I didnt see any scars on myself nor on 2 other patients I met before getting my hair transplant. Hope that helps.

HOw well did your BHT go? i mean, you used your beard hair as well. I'm hesitant to use beard hair myself.
1.) i don't have a lot of beard
2.) do they grow back?
3.) how will it look right after the surgery...red dots all around your beard (donor area)?
4.) how bad was your baldness? and now you're perfectly fine looking? can i see your result?
5.) So you didn't go to India for Dr A.?

THanks!

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
Your signature says you went to Dr. Arvind Poswal. I googled Dr. Arvind Poswal and found he is Dr A of India. That is the doctor I said was the best. Look at the title of this thread. How have a short listed him?

Shortlisted means you have chosen these in your list of good doctors. Its not derogatory.

CCS

Reaction score
setokun said:
HOw well did your BHT go? i mean, you used your beard hair as well. I'm hesitant to use beard hair myself.
He said his scars were invisible on his dark neck (he is indian).

1.) i don't have a lot of beard
Then you won't get to use a lot, or pay a lot! Women like facial stubble, but they I think they like head hair more.

2.) do they grow back?
No.

3.) how will it look right after the surgery...red dots all around your beard (donor area)?
Why do people ask that? Just ask how it will look when it is grown out months later! You are getting hair back on your head. Just tell people you cut yourself bad while shaving!

4.) how bad was your baldness? and now you're perfectly fine looking? can i see your result?
I don't know what he got, but I can assure you he did not go NW6 to NW1 with beard hair.

5.) So you didn't go to India for Dr A.?
I think he said we went to india.

CCS

Reaction score
I just remembered. Dr A charges more for BHT than for FUE, I think. I thought I saw that on his site. I'll have to double check since that does not make sense. But if it is true, that means I could potentially afford to pay him to put scalp hair in my front, and body hair down the scalp donor holes so I don't thin my donor area too much. I might even pay him extra to put two body hairs down each hole so when they lose synchronization they will still provide density. I just hope my calf hair grows back strong. I already lasered it at least 3 times. My chest and ab hair and arm and bikini hair are almost gone, just some fine stuff I want gone.