Dr Cole new technique?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
http://www.forhair.com/hairtransplant/v ... =6002#6002

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008

C2G- New developed service is coming soon

FORHAIR: "I am quoting Dr. Cole":

"The negative to CIT/FUE is shaving the head and cost. You no longer need to shave any part of your head and cost is about to become a non-factor. Our newest technology is going to change those variables for good."

i got this from another forum,anyone know what this all about? i think its a new extraction technique of sorts,like fue but better!?

and ''cost is about to become a non-factor.''!!! does that mean its cheap cheap cheap~!?

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, and someone in the "biz" can correct me if I'm wrong, but FUE/FOX/CIT/FIT/ is basically the same concept no matter how you flip it: you have to score around the follicle with a sharp instrument, then you have to detach the follicle from the skin underneath. The actual ways of getting the follicle out might vary a little from clinic to clinic, but it's not really anything revolutionary.

In Cole's case, I believe he uses a single sharp punch to remove the graft. The punch scores around the follicle, and by using a twisting motion to go deeper into the skin the graft is dissected from the underlying dermis. Then they basically just use forceps to pop the follicle out. This was the common method until Harris came out with the double punch method where he scores the outside with the sharp punch, then uses a blunt punch to remove/dissect the graft. This is supposed to cause less transection. I think some other clinics have adopted this method as well now. All in all, there is nothing magical about this procedure, it just takes time to learn and get the feel for it. The tools might vary a little, but that's about it.

Edit: syntax