Dr Feller / office in VA (?)

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi
I ve seen Dr Feller and he came across as a nice and humble person.
I discussed the operation with him and he told me what he thinks. He didn't want to be aggressive. Now he told me he is booked for really long time ( my operation is about 1000 gr not more) so he suggested I got to some doctor in VA, he said it's his colleague. If I remember well she is a female and he said she uses the same techniques as him. I am not sure if he said that the office in VA is a Feller office, but at least it seemed that there is some link.

I am asking this simply to find out whether you guys know about this office and what do you guys think. I wish I could remember the Dr's Name.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Petchsky

Reaction score
Without a name i've no idea.

Dr Keane?

s.a.f

Reaction score

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone has dfome some work with Dr Lindsay Mclean ?
Any info will be most helpful. She is close to here and might be less booked than Dr Feller who's now booked until march.

Thanks

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr Feller is a good DR, if you can't wait until March I would travel to see Ron Shapiro in Minnesota who I believe is the best strip Dr in the world ( may give the nod to H+W for procedures over 3k grafts) especially for hairlines.

He is 10 min from the airport and charges $4.50 graft for out of state patients.

s.a.f

Reaction score
She is a he. Look on the pb-hair website.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wait a sec, I thought Dr Shapiro is promoting FUT not Strip. On his website he talks about strip as an old method it seems to me.
Is he good in FUT ?
One day we might have to shave, at least those of us who want all or nothing. It seems all doctors try to encourage you to go for strip as it is easier and apparently either more profitable for them or has a better success rate ( which means it s more profitable in some sense, if they think about the long run).
Any other good FUT doctors in the area ? I am in NY.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
waynakyo said:
Wait a sec, I thought Dr Shapiro is promoting FUT not Strip. On his website he talks about strip as an old method it seems to me.
Is he good in FUT ?
One day we might have to shave, at least those of us who want all or nothing. It seems all doctors try to encourage you to go for strip as it is easier and apparently either more profitable for them or has a better success rate ( which means it s more profitable in some sense, if they think about the long run).
Any other good FUT doctors in the area ? I am in NY.

FUT is strip, your thinking FUE.

What did feller say about FUE ? He does it but I know he's not a big fan of it as he told me so in person

Shapiro is doing small FUE surgeries (up to 500 grafts mostly scar repair) and strip is still his main thing and yes he is one of if not the best strip surgeon

I'm guessing you interpreted his website wrong, maybe thinking of mini/micro grafts or something

Here is a quote concerning FUE from Dr Lindseys website.

"Unlike what is claimed in hype around the internet, FUE does in fact leave scars. In fact, FUE leave far more scarring than strip procedures do. However, this scarring is so uniformly distributed around the donor area (back and sides of the head) that FUE APPEARS to leave less scar than the strip method even when the hair is closely cut.

Because FUE technique causes more trauma to the graft, the yields from FUE techniques tend to be lower than that for strip. For this reason, FUE should not be used in procedures exceeding 1,000 to 1,500 grafts in a procedure in selected patients, and probably shouldn’t even be used in cases much above 600 grafts per procedure at all.

Because of the difficulty level and amount of time to remove intact grafts via FUE this procedure is on the order of three times more expensive than it’s strip counterpart and should only be used in select patients with minimal hair "

Petchsky

Reaction score
Ah, Dr Lindsay, very good Dr and has got some great pictures of previous work, very nice hairlines. PM me if you want a link to see his work...he's a former plastic surgeon, and very experienced with scars also.