DR gho/spironolactone

salazam

Established Member
Reaction score
if you look at hairsite, Dr gho is offering a transplant using his Follicular Multiplication to one lucky winner, this will be documented in his website every month. FM for those who don't konw is something like taking half the follicle from the donor area, and taking half and transplanting in the receipient area and having both area's go.

To me this sounds great, because a 2:1 ratio would bring us closer to a hairloss solution, not a cure but a solution.

Also for spironolactone, i having problems with the lotion anyone figure a way to put it on without too much distrubancve to the follicles, i.e spray or watering down, anyone figure it out.

viceroy

Reaction score
as far as the spironolactone goes -- why not just try the 2%? seems word on the street is that the 2% is just as or more effective than the 5% for various reasons...

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
viceroy said:
as far as the spironolactone goes -- why not just try the 2%? seems word on the street is that the 2% is just as or more effective than the 5% for various reasons...
Well that would make one think that spironolactone is not a dose dependant drug, kinda like propecia, take 1mg. or 5mg. - doesn't matter. If that is the case then that 5% spironolactone cream that I get is no better than the 2% solution and I would just be wasting money.

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
kalika said:
viceroy said:
Well that would make one think that spironolactone is not a dose dependant drug, kinda like propecia, take 1mg. or 5mg. - doesn't matter. If that is the case then that 5% spironolactone cream that I get is no better than the 2% solution and I would just be wasting money.

The reason behind this is that liquid spironolactone should apsorb better.

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
salazam said:
thanks for the feeeback, any thoughts on GHo
I guess that registration ends today.
When I think about it I would rather pass, and see how it goes for other people. I would rather pay that $10,000 than get it for free, be the first one to get it, and end up with who knows what :shock: :freaked2:
It's risky, I think. Or it has been done before??

BTW I was going to apply just for the heck of it, but I guess I'm too young.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually Bryan had found a study comparing spironolactone that was administered in liquid vs. cream base (as is the case w/ 5%) and it found the 5% to not only be pretty effective, but that the liquid version may not have done much at all.

If someone asks Bryan he could probably give you the link to the study.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/spironolactone.html (spironolactone cream vs. spironolactone solution)

That has extensive excerpts from a trial done by Rittmaster which seemed to show that a spironolactone CREAM was much more effective than an ordinary alcoholic spironolactone SOLUTION.

Bryan

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan,

As an experienced prox-n user, would you say the zinc sulphate in his formulas is as effective as spironolactone, or ala/gla for blocking/inhibiting dht from the follicle?

I know they work totally different, but I would like to add a copper peptide anyway (tricomin is good but you get far more effective ingredients in prox-n) and prox-n seems to have an advantage in that it has growth factors and androgen inhibiting capabilities.

Thanks

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan,

In the last paragraph of the study, you stated that the cream vehicle made the hirsuitism "WORSE", but prior to that you stated that the alchoholic version "may not have performed at all"

So if the one version made it worse, and the other didnt do anything,
what are we to make from this study?

Thanks

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
Bryan,

In the last paragraph of the study, you stated that the cream vehicle made the hirsuitism "WORSE", but prior to that you stated that the alchoholic version "may not have performed at all"

So if the one version made it worse, and the other didnt do anything,
what are we to make from this study?

The only reasonable conclusion is that spironolactone cream works better than spironolactone solution. Remember, it's the cream vehicle ALONE that made the hirsutism worse, not the spironolactone cream!

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
Bryan,

As an experienced prox-n user, would you say the zinc sulphate in his formulas is as effective as spironolactone, or ala/gla for blocking/inhibiting dht from the follicle?

I would be _very_ surprised if zinc sulphate were as effective an antiandrogen (I'm obviously using that expression loosely here) as spironolactone, or the fatty acids ALA/GLA.

I know that so-called "zix" is a popular fad treatment on some hairloss sites, and even Dr. Sawaya has mentioned the _possibility_ that zinc could serve as an indirect 5a-reductase inhibitor, but I think all that is highly theoretical. I'm not aware of a single in vivo test showing it to actually have such properties, not even a hamster flank-organ study.

Dr. Proctor seems to feel that way, too. I remember once when someone asked him if there was anything in Prox-N which acts as an antiandrogen (again, using the term loosely), his reply was something like "Not to my knowledge".

Bryan

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan,

Thanks for the reply. That guy over at hairloss-research.org is fanatical in his praise for dr procctors formula (prox-n) stating it had anti-andro capabilities, along with some other things, but Im not going to drop spironolactone for zinc as my main topical AA.

Im on the fence with adding Revivo as an alternating treatment to spironolactone.
I do think with all the talk of how "cycling" products makes long time spironolactone/minoxidil/proscar users get beter results, that it may be time to throw Rev into the mix.

curent reg:
proscar 1/4
crew rev spray copper pep.
12.5 dr lee
5% spironolactone
nizoral/Jason tea tree shampoos

considering:
Crew cu pep serum? or revivogen?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
Bryan,

Thanks for the reply. That guy over at hairloss-research.org is fanatical in his praise for dr procctors formula (prox-n) stating it had anti-andro capabilities, along with some other things, but Im not going to drop spironolactone for zinc as my main topical AA.

What specifically did he attribute those alleged anti-andro capabilities to? Did he actually claim that it was the zinc?

ColtsFan said:
Im on the fence with adding Revivo as an alternating treatment to spironolactone.

Well, if you're already using Proscar, then there's much less reason to use Revivogen (or vice-versa), IMHO. Although the Revivogen people may _claim_ some additional benefit from the other ingredients like the apple procyanidins, how effective those other bells and whistles really are remains to be seen. I think probably the main benefit comes from the 5a-reductase inhibiting ability of the fatty acids, so if you're using finasteride anyway, Revivogen seems rather superfluous to me. So what I personally would do is either use spironolactone with Revivogen, or use spironolactone with finasteride.

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
salazam said:
i can't read the study, it says it has been disactivated how do you read it.

Try it again! It should work ok, now!

I had gone so long without updating anything on my site, they temporarily inactivated it. But it's working again...

Bryan

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan,

Exactly, the zinc and to a smaller degree the copper peptides. Since Ive been doing so much better with the spironolactone/proscar, I will go ahead and hold on the Revivo. for now. If I ever drop the proscar entirely or go to 3x's a week, I will add it. Thanks for your input.

I know you go over to the Hairsite forums and know of "Hanginthere" and the whole beta sitsterol thing. Well I was taking 320 mg for about 2-3 weeks and begun to have a brutaly sore and stiff. After cutting it back to 80mgs the neck pain has completely subsided. I have noticed some little dark hairs sticking out along my hairline, but I like to let folks know that these supposed side effect free naturals can and do have side effects.

Do you know what might have been in the Betasitosterol that could caused this sore neck?

Thanks

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea why it would do that. In fact, I suspect it was just coincidental! Why don't you try another trial with the stuff, and see if the same thing happens again? I doubt that it will...

Bryan

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
yea, I thought it was weird too, but I sh*t you not as soon as lowered the dose down to about 60-80mgs, my neck felt great. I may try bumping it up again to see what happens, but I also read that 80mgs a day may all you realy need to get some benefit from it....

thanks