Dr. Hakan Dognay - Not recommended anymore (!)

matin1991

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have considered Dr. Hakan ********* for a future hair transplant, but have now been aware that his recommendation by hair-restoration-network has been taken away as of 11 January due to quality issues, cf. this thread: https://tinyurl.com/hwpw9cm (look from page 1 for full information).

Do I need to be concerned or have anyone else other opinions on *********'s work?

@Dr. *********: If you're on this forum, I would be very happy to hear from you yourself on this topic. Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Attachments

• Dr *********.PNG
    Dr *********.PNG
    213.3 KB · Views: 361

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's concerning. He is my surgeon.

It's a quantity over quality thing though I guess, pretty sure that is what happened. It's simple. You want people to be involved in your surgery who are skilled and up to the task. They probably had too many people coming in and started to use people who were less skilled (for extractions and implantation) to keep up with the demand and that will surely have an impact on the quality of the work.

Dr. ********* did every single implantation on my head and only their head tech did my extractions.

INT

Reaction score
Yes was a bit shocked about the recent news regarding dr ********* on BTT. I am planning on having a hair transplant once I my hairloss is stabilized and he seemed like a perfect candidate. He offers non-shaven FUE (which I prefer because I have very long hair), is cheap and can create very good density with less grafts than for example dr Edogan.

shookwun

Reaction score
A red flag for me is different technicians, and physicians along side the main anchor surgeon.

I was particularly happy with my experience having rahal's same technitians followed by right hand surgeon.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Many surgeons simply use assistants for extractions, insertions, or both. You do your research thinking you have found the right surgeon only to have someone else do the procedure. There is a high turnover of these assistants so chances are good you will be getting a trainee using you for practice. The vast majority of hair transplant surgeons only care about the money and not the patients or results. Naturally if you do quick sloppy work you can schedule more patients and get more money than if you did the job right.