Dr. Lee's minoxidil is less than 65 ml!!!

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanna get an opinion from you guys,

I just received 3 bottle of PPG free minoxidil from Dr. Lee yesterday and i am very disapponted that the content is less than 65ml, in fact less than 50ml.

It's very easy to compare, i am still having a full bottle of Regaine, standard bottle has 60ml.

Having Dr. Lee;s minoxidil in one hand and Regaine in another, Regaine is at least 20% heavier than Dr. Lee's minoxidil.

I know most of you forum member recommend his product but i don't think i will order from him any longer if he continues to practise such unhealthy ethics.

Question:-
1. I wish to complain and wanna know how about doing this?
2. Anyone experience this problem before?!
3. Is there anyone else selling PPG free minoxidil besides Dr. Lee?

thanks guys and let's help other people encountering this problem to solve it.

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't measured my own bottles as I'm still on the first. I do believe it's ok though. Redbone posted a couple days back that his bottle might have been a little short on the Xandrox.

You can e-mail him at RichardLeeMD@earthlink.net. If you get a response post it back here.

bombscience

Reaction score
hey there rocket scientist... did you measure the actual liquid content of the bottles?!?!

MANY things can accout for difference in weight of the bottles such as...

1) THE THICKNESS OF THE PLASTIC
2) THE TYPE OF PLASTIC
3) GLYCERINE MAY NOT BE AS HEAVY AS PPG AND THERE IS ONLY A 30% CONCENTRATION WHERE ROGAINE HAS A 50% CONCENTRATION

Until you get 2 graduated cylinders and and show me dr. lee's minoxidil is not 65ml I really wont believe this... thanks.

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
bomb - I guess I didn't read his post clearly enough the first time. I didn't realize he weighed to determine it wasn't 65mL. :oops:

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to measure volume and weight of a liquid.

Regaine bottle is taller while Dr. lee's minoxidil is wider.
Both of these cancelled out each other.

Dr. Lee claims that his bottle will last one month of daily X2 application of 1ml each. I will monitor this and post the outcome. Highly unlike to last 22 days.

I am DEFINETELY SURE that my bottle is less than 50ml because i am a regular user of Regaine. I know how to measure.

Anyway, i will write to Dr. Lee and post my outcome to all to see. I just wanna be sure that we are not short changed by the product he is selling.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
uhhh you can carefully pour the bottle out into a measuring cup if you're this suspect of it.

mgdpublic

Reaction score
All I can say is HOLY sh*t. I just came to this forum to post the exact same thing. I was skeptical of the quantity when i first received it so I noted the date and was very precise with my measured quantities (I use a dropper with 1ml mark). Just tonight I was getting to the point where I thought I should think about reordering so I decided to measure out the remaining amount with the dropper into another bottle. The total was 51 fricking mililiters. I think that is beyond lame. I was just about to write him an email and thought I'd give the heads up to you guys first.

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
:freaked2:

WOW i did not expect this from Dr. Lee.
Oh wait. I have one unopened bottle of minoxidil from Dr. Lee.
Im gonna go and measure it!

BTW I really dont see a reason for him to do this. His minoxidil is very expensive anyway.

mgdpublic

Reaction score
HairFreak said:
:freaked2:

WOW i did not expect this from Dr. Lee.
Oh wait. I have one unopened bottle of minoxidil from Dr. Lee.
Im gonna go and measure it!

BTW I really dont see a reason for him to do this. His minoxidil is very expensive anyway.

I don't know what kind of packaging arrangment he has but it could be the people who prepare the bottles. I just emailed him and I'll post a summary of his response.

bombscience

Reaction score
mgdpublic said:
All I can say is HOLY sh*t. I just came to this forum to post the exact same thing. I was skeptical of the quantity when i first received it so I noted the date and was very precise with my measured quantities (I use a dropper with 1ml mark). Just tonight I was getting to the point where I thought I should think about reordering so I decided to measure out the remaining amount with the dropper into another bottle. The total was 51 fricking mililiters. I think that is beyond lame. I was just about to write him an email and thought I'd give the heads up to you guys first.

Ok sorry about the hostility of my last post, i'm on a 72 hour working session. Yeah so if you measured it and it was only 51ml thats pretty screwed up. Bad Dr. Lee.

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
Andrew said:
Just wanna get an opinion from you guys,

I just received 3 bottle of PPG free minoxidil from Dr. Lee yesterday and i am very disapponted that the content is less than 65ml, in fact less than 50ml.

It's very easy to compare, i am still having a full bottle of Regaine, standard bottle has 60ml.

Having Dr. Lee;s minoxidil in one hand and Regaine in another, Regaine is at least 20% heavier than Dr. Lee's minoxidil.

I know most of you forum member recommend his product but i don't think i will order from him any longer if he continues to practise such unhealthy ethics.

Question:-
1. I wish to complain and wanna know how about doing this?
2. Anyone experience this problem before?!
3. Is there anyone else selling PPG free minoxidil besides Dr. Lee?

thanks guys and let's help other people encountering this problem to solve it.

actually this is amazing...i got a delivery the other day and thought that the bottles felt incredibly lighter than usual, i know even what 10ml of liquid you would think might not make an appreciative difference in feel but believe me having taken delivery of hundreds of bottles of lee's minoxidil over the years you get a feel for these things!

Not a happy bunny :(

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
does anyone intend to highlight this thread to the good doctor? kevin? anyone? if it is intentional then they'll just have to accept they've been busted, but if it's a genuine mistake then they'll have to make sure they're more thorough else they'll be up before trading standards quicker than you can say 'German McCannibal Penis Burger'

mgdpublic

Reaction score
bombscience said:
mgdpublic said:

Ok sorry about the hostility of my last post, i'm on a 72 hour working session. Yeah so if you measured it and it was only 51ml thats pretty screwed up. Bad Dr. Lee.

LOL, I wasn't the OP.

mgdpublic

Reaction score
Dr. Lee's response to my email made me think he stopped reading mine at the subject line. I'm not at all happy with his response but will give him one more chance to make amends. If he doesn't, he's lost a customer.

G

Hmmmmmm.

You know it wouldnt supprise me if Rogaine and Kirkland bottles also have less than there.....60ml is it ammount. I think ill measure all my new minoxidil bottles just to see.

G

mgdpublic said:
Dr. Lee's response to my email made me think he stopped reading mine at the subject line. I'm not at all happy with his response but will give him one more chance to make amends. If he doesn't, he's lost a customer.

What exactly did Dr. Lee say?

Redbone

Reaction score
I knew it was not 65ml. I started Xandrox 5% on the 19th of November and the bottle has like 4 applications left in it. I have missed several applicatins and often apply less than 1ml because the dropper will only suck up 3/4 of a ML at a time.

At this rate Lee's product will be 2 weeks short of his 32 day guarnatee and that is without using it 2x a day. I say we all boycott his products.

Redbone

Reaction score
I recently sent this email to Lee so we shall see his response.

Dr.Lee

I Recently became a customer of your products because of the many positive things I have read about them. I am currently using the Xandrox 5% in the 65ml container that is said to last 32 days if applied twice a day. Recently there have been statements on hair sites that state you are not putting the full 65ml in your product and the full amount is more like 51ml as measured by several customers.

I started the product on November 19th applying 2x a day and have even totally skipped a few days and at other times only applied 1 application a day. I will be done with my first bottle on 12/7 this is a full 13 days before the product should have run out. I want to believe your products are legit but with these type of facts it is hard to comprehend. I do not know if you are aware of this fact or it is an issue with your packaging company, perhaps a certain production run was incorrect?

As a new customer I sincerely hope it was a packaging mistake and not an attempt on your part to extort more money out of your patients. For a medical doctor these practices would be highly unethical.

Please help me to understand why the product is coming up short, I have several unopened bottles that I will have to measure for content now and if it is found that they are not 65ml as marked, I will have to demand an explanation.

Thank you,

bombscience

Reaction score
Redbone, if you have an unopened bottle you should definetly measure it out so we can but this problem to ... rest ...