Dr Proctor recommends Polysorbate 60 and 80 in shampoos

CCS

Reaction score
is that because they are therapudic, or because other stuff is bad? I should order some I guess.

CCS

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Bryan: I always thought polysorbate 80 that contained biotin and niacin released histamine. Polysorbate on its own....hmmm.... I never knew that.

CCS: Polysorbate 80 is a commonly used emuslifier in cosmetics. It is very good at mixing oils, alcohol and water together.

If you buy it from Puritan's Pride and Swanson's vitamins it contains biotin and niacin. Vitamin Shop also... I think.

You could probably use nicotinic acid as your form of niacin. I use it in most of my homemade concoctions. I use it mainly for vasodilation and hopefully more penetration of other stuff?

You could probably use folic acid also but don't know for sure, just a guess.

Finally, Dr. Proctor says we shouldn't expect much from histamine releasers.

You could probably do better with incorporating nicotinic acid n-oxide as a regrowth agent and penetration enhancer but you'd be violating Dr. Proctor's patent and it's hard to get from what I've read.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
So, is he recommending adding poly 80 to shampoos (if so, how much?) or is he recommending buying shampoos that already contain ploy 80?

TIA.

CCS

Reaction score
I don't know. His nano has laureth sulphate in it, so that is not bad. I'm just going to add a little and hope for the best. It has biotin in it.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I hit a 3 for 1 sale at Puritan.com - so I have like a lif-time supply of polysorbate 80. When time allows, I just massage some in before my morning shower - although the last few weeks I've been running outta the house late - so no poly 80 for awhile.