Dr Rahal. Anyone had any experiences with him? Good or bad?

do comb in

Reaction score
Hi there

I am still seriously thinking of going to Dr Rahal. I would love to hear good or bad news about this Doctor?

Anyone help out there?

Pictures even of work you may have done?

:dunno:

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Based on my research I would put him as one of
my top three picks. I've not read of any serious
bad experiences and a ton of good things.

But with that said I'm still reluctant to get a hair transplant because
some do have bad results that looks worse than when
they started regardless of the surgeon.

Peach Fuzz

Reaction score
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Rahal. My hair transplant was last year with him and he is truly amazing. His expertise is very evident, as is his care for his patients. While I am not that keen on posting pictures on the forums, I could possibly send a few to you via another means.

If you have any specific questions about my experience with Dr. Rahal, please feel free to ask.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Dr Rahal is very good. Awesome hairlines, good at dense packing. You're in good hands.

CCS

Reaction score
http://www.rahalhairtransplant.com/fees/futpricing/

The pricing matrix says the average follicular unit is 2.3-2.9 hairs.
So 2-3 is the average, he says.

Um, mine are mostly 1's and 2's, and I have dense donor hair. I don't know if others are different, but I heard 1-3 per unit, with 3 being more rare.

I don't doubt he is good, but I think he either deliborately over estimates how many hairs you will get, or he uses bigger punches. So I'd already have my doubts and be reading his site for more info on just what he does.

Peach Fuzz

Reaction score
CCS said:
I don't doubt he is good, but I think he either deliborately over estimates how many hairs you will get, or he uses bigger punches. So I'd already have my doubts and be reading his site for more info on just what he does.

I hope I am not misinterpreting your post, but I have to disagree with your generalized statement about him overestimating the number of hairs you will get. In my case, this was not true at all. The estimate was about 2200 grafts during the pre-op consultation, and we ended up with about 2500 at the time of surgery.

CCS

Reaction score
Peach Fuzz said:
CCS said:

I hope I am not misinterpreting your post, but I have to disagree with your generalized statement about him overestimating the number of hairs you will get. In my case, this was not true at all. The estimate was about 2200 grafts during the pre-op consultation, and we ended up with about 2500 at the time of surgery.

You did misunderstand me. I was not refering to how many grafts you are getting. I was refering to how many hairs per graft. The pricing matrix implies the average is 2-3 hairs per graft. I've read many places that most people have 1-2 hairs per graft, and that is what I've seen on my body and looking at my hair in the mirror, and is what my hair transplant surgeon told me about my donor hair. Yes, there are 3's out there, but not as common as the 1's and 2's.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If I lived in Canada, he would be my number one pick. That one Asian guy he has on his website has the most incredible results of all the hair transplants I have seen. He is so lucky to have course hair and with his transplant he has such a super thick NW1 now. That is my idea of how a transplant can make a dream come true. I only wish that transplanted hair in between diffuse thinning hairs would not cause shock loss.

Peach Fuzz

Reaction score
CCS said:
Peach Fuzz said:
CCS said:
You did misunderstand me. I was not refering to how many grafts you are getting. I was refering to how many hairs per graft. The pricing matrix implies the average is 2-3 hairs per graft. I've read many places that most people have 1-2 hairs per graft, and that is what I've seen on my body and looking at my hair in the mirror, and is what my hair transplant surgeon told me about my donor hair. Yes, there are 3's out there, but not as common as the 1's and 2's.

Now I understand what you are saying. Thank you for the clarification. I really don't know enough about this in the context of Dr. Rahal to make any comments about it....