Dr Rogers Westminster Clinic?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I read a fair bit about this guy and nothing horrendous, Any users and are his results as convincing as the pics.

I know one guy who went to DHI and only had front done but had good results

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
A good rule of thumb for choosing a hair transplant Surgeon is.

Only go to someone who has THEIR name on the door.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I may be misunderstanding your reply but can't anyone set up an office and buy a name plate? What do you mean. Are you saying if a practise has several doctors and they all have a name plate outside they're all OK? Sorry bit lost

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate, gottya, now I understand. Farjo is him and a brother with same name right?

So am guessing if I make appointment with Rogers it won't be him that I see in London at Westminster.

How's yours coming on?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Manutd4545 said:
Farjo is him and his wife.

Ive got no prior experience with Dr Rogers so unable to comment on who you will meet but his website says he has trained six doctors. If you want to go ahead and have a consultation with him I suggest you contact the clinic and make sure you meet him and no one else to been the safe side.

Mine is coming quite nicely, majority of scabs are off, hairs have yet to shed and it just looks like ive got a buzz cut at the moment. Ill post some pics tomorrow since it will be 10 days post op.

Nice one thanks, pleased yours is doing OK

monty1978 said:
Dr Rogers and Farjo are probably the only 2 reputable surgeons in the UK!

Pm Geminix. She is a transexual that Rogers did an admirable job of creating a feminine hairline on a norwood 5. She's pretty smart and she rates him. Her hair is not perfect but considering where she came from it's a decent job.

I'd do Feller or Rahal or Feriduni myself but if flying was out of the question I would rule out Rogers. Farjo would turn you down if you are less than norwood 3 and 35 years of age. I know cos I was when I consulted with him!

Flying probably is out of the question but you're saying rule out Rogers anyway yeh even if he's reputable? Farjo is only other option?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Surprised Geminx didn't jump on this thread, Interested to know her views on Farjo compared to Rogers

GeminiX

Reaction score
And here I am :)

I rate them both very highly. Having met about a dozen people who have been to both surgeons (and countless others from surgeons around the world), it is very hard to choose between the two.

For my money, Dr. Rogers does better hair-lines, and is better at more natural graft placement; but to be fair I've seen very good results from Dr. Farjo too.

Between them, they utterly prove that the myth that you can't get a "world class" procedure in the UK is complete nonsense.

Also, to address a comment made earlier; While Dr. Rogers has probably trained more surgeons than anyone else I can think of, he is the only surgeon who operates from his own clinic. He does however consult for some other clinics and invented the "slanticle" graft placement procedure which is now being used by many other top clinics and surgeons.

Look at my photos if you want to see what one of the best hair transplant hairline procedures in the world looks like. I now have a fringe growing from an area where I didn't even have hair *before* I went bald :)

Hope this helps,
Danielle x

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gem, are you still seeing him and having procedures?

If Farjo is responsible for Shaun Williamson, I'm not impressed.. which I believe he is, as well as Duncan Banantyne...? Can we assume he did them personally?

Slanticle? As in putting in on a slant, what is that about?

GeminiX

Reaction score
Esprit said:
Thanks Gem, are you still seeing him and having procedures?

If Farjo is responsible for Shaun Williamson, I'm not impressed.. which I believe he is, as well as Duncan Banantyne...? Can we assume he did them personally?

Well, if I have one negative to say about Dr. Farjo it's that he does sometimes seem to set unrealistic expectations; if you have dark hair and low donor area then it's probably best to not have a procedure at all as you simply won't get the coverage to give the appearance of thick hair.

The "Slanticle" procedure is how Dr. Rogers gets such great hair-lines. He makes his incisions so that the hair, when it grows, matches the existing hair line growth pattern. Believe it or not, there are some supposedly world class surgeons who had never considered this, which is why you often hear complaints about the grafted hairs growing in all directions and looking unnatural. Believe me, natural placement and regrowth is *far* more effective at concealing hair-loss than density alone.

I intend to have another procedure in a few months and it will probably be back with Dr. Rogers, though as always I'll make a short list and weigh up my options. To be fair though, as he has already performed two of the best hair transplant's I've ever seen on me personally (considering density, finished result and relatively small number of grafts), that certainly gives him a head start over the others :)

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
Esprit said:

Hi Esprit,

I think you'll find the "slanticle" is commonly known as the lateral slit technique. And it was first developed by Drs Hasson and Wong in Canada.

Dr. Rahal uses the lateral slit technique and here are my pics to demonstrate it. I had a 75cm2 bald patch in my crown which has now been completely filled in. Notice how all the transplanted hairs match the same direction/angle as the native hairs and completely blend in. :)

4months011.jpg

4months010.jpg

GeminiX

Reaction score
Just to be clear, my understanding of Slanticle incisions are not just the lateral incision (though as you can see from El Nino's excellent results, that too is *very* important), but also the angle of the incision in relation to the surface of the skin.

You'll have to ask Dr. Rogers directly for more details; Even though he explained it last year after his paper on the subject was published, I was on the receiving end of them at that very moment, so my recollection is fuzzy :)

GeminiX

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Does Rogers do fue Gem?

Yes he does, he's been doing FUE for at least as long as ago as my first hair transplant as it was an option even then.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FUE is the single one yes. Dr Rogers suggested the other one, strips? If he is quoting 3000 grafts, I don't understand how if FUE is single hairs that are counted, how are strips 3000? Can someone explain that, and isn't it better to have the FUE for a more natural effect? Am I being told not to have that because the strips are just easier to do?

Unoor, I don't know if he is expensive as I have no-one else to compare his prices with. Farjo's results don't look natural to me and he's a bit too showbizzy and devotes far too much time to publicity/airtime etc.

ElNino, your results looks amazing mate, that is well impressive!!! How do they know by looking at them which angle they grow, Good stuff.

Gem, I'm amazed you say there are surgeons out there who don't consider the way the hair is growing, that would look weird, and surely not satisfying for the receiver?
How many in total have you had now, and do they go the way you want?

GeminiX

Reaction score
I've had two procedures now, and want (but don't really need) a third. My hair appearance at 42 years old is thicker than many natal women, so I'm quite happy with that :)

The big deal for me was the hairline, I *desperately* wanted a fringe and natural female hairline, bringing my hair forward about an inch lower than even my original male hairline.

Strip and FUE don't really differ for cosmetic realism with the right surgeon, they just have to ensure that the clustered hairs cut from the strip are not used in the front of the hairline.

My understanding is that with FUE individual hairs are removed and placed one by one, but with strip you can get tiny clusters of three or even four hairs per graft.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
Esprit said:
ElNino, your results looks amazing mate, that is well impressive!!! How do they know by looking at them which angle they grow, Good stuff.

Cheers pal, I am thrilled with the results of my hair transplants. A few years ago I thought it would never be possible for me have a full head of hair again.

Dr. Rahal requests that patients don't have a hair cut 6 weeks prior to surgery. He can then see how your hair grows and lays. He will then shave the recipient area and will be able to see the exact angle the hairs exit the scalp. He will then match the transplanted hairs to grow the same way.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
I've had two procedures now, and want (but don't really need) a third. My hair appearance at 42 years old is thicker than many natal women, so I'm quite happy with that :)

The big deal for me was the hairline, I *desperately* wanted a fringe and natural female hairline, bringing my hair forward about an inch lower than even my original male hairline.

Strip and FUE don't really differ for cosmetic realism with the right surgeon, they just have to ensure that the clustered hairs cut from the strip are not used in the front of the hairline.

My understanding is that with FUE individual hairs are removed and placed one by one, but with strip you can get tiny clusters of three or even four hairs per graft.

Must check out your latest pics!! which ones are current Gem?

El Nino said:
Esprit said:

Cheers pal, I am thrilled with the results of my hair transplants. A few years ago I thought it would never be possible for me have a full head of hair again.

Dr. Rahal requests that patients don't have a hair cut 6 weeks prior to surgery. He can then see how your hair grows and lays. He will then shave the recipient area and will be able to see the exact angle the hairs exit the scalp. He will then match the transplanted hairs to grow the same way.

Good advice. Are you still taking meds/regaine etc, and is it possible that anyone having this procedure can stop or if they've never taken them... ie. ME, won't have to, or is it a mistake? Were you told about the shock loss thing, It does obviously worry me that I have a chance of making it worse than it is now, which believe me, ain't great!

Monty, is that Rogers costs? What benefit with FUE, other than a bigger loan that I'd need

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My research is you guys.... Rogers told me it would be better with strips not FUE because it would give more volume, is that right or...?
Can you guys tell me if you're all still taking Regaine/finasteride after hair transplant and do you need to?

GeminiX

Reaction score
You get a lot more "bang for your buck" with a strip procedure, it's *much* more time efficient. Where it gets tricky is the scar afterwards.

Dr. Rodgers, to be fair, does the cleanest strip I've ever seen on any surgeon *anywhere*, but I suspect that if you buzz your hair even then it might be visible. FUE scarring seems to be less obvious, though a bad FUE can be more visible than a good strip.

My personal opinion is that if you wish to really buzz your hair "scalp short", then you should probably avoid a hair transplant full stop; Even with the best of surgeons you might have scarring due so skin type etc. If however you are never planning on very short hair, then a strip (done well) will get you the best results for your investment.

FUE seems to be sold on being "non invasive" and scar free, but from experience that's bull. I've seen people end up with a row of what look like old school plug holes around the back of their head, which was far worse looking than a typical strip scar. That said, this was FUE performed by an "all I could afford" clinic in Belgium, and not one of the well known names.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
Esprit said:
Good advice. Are you still taking meds/regaine etc, and is it possible that anyone having this procedure can stop or if they've never taken them... ie. ME, won't have to, or is it a mistake? Were you told about the shock loss thing, It does obviously worry me that I have a chance of making it worse than it is now, which believe me, ain't great!

I am still taking Finasteride and I am just finishing off the last of my Regaine. I will probably stop the Regaine when it has gone. But I do believe it helps to kick start the growth of the grafts.

It is a risk for anyone to get a hair transplant. But getting one without taking meds means more of a risk. This doesn't mean it isn't possible but there a few variables which vary from person to person i.e. age, family history, norwood level, how fast you are balding and how long it has been stable.

I knew about shock loss prior to my hair transplant. I had done my research, hence my decision to go to Dr. Rahal. Who insists on shaving the recipient area which will really reduce the risk of shock loss.

And Dr. Rahal's FUT scars really are among the best. Here is a pic of mine 4 months after my last hair transplant right after my hair was buzzed to a number 3.

4months006.jpg