Dr. Ron Shapiro

dclayton

Reaction score
I used the search function for Dr. Shapiro but was wondering if anyone has has any personal experience with Dr. Shapiro. My hairline is VERY thin and needs rebuilt. Does anyone have any experience with him? Also, how much was the cost? His website says as low as $4/graft. I would guess I am stage 4. Does $15 -$20,000 sound about right? Thanks so much.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have not had any work done by Dr Shapiro but he is regarded as one of the best in the business.

There are a lot of results posted by his clinic here

The golden rule is to meet patients of doctors to evaluate the results in person.

Regards

Lucky

dclayton

Reaction score
Thanks Lucky. Great link. i checked it out. How would i go about meeting shapiros patients?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Your best off contacting the clinic and they will put you in touch with the right people

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dclayton said:
I used the search function for Dr. Shapiro but was wondering if anyone has has any personal experience with Dr. Shapiro. My hairline is VERY thin and needs rebuilt. Does anyone have any experience with him? Also, how much was the cost? His website says as low as $4/graft. I would guess I am stage 4. Does $15 -$20,000 sound about right? Thanks so much.

Great DR and a even nicer guy. I have had consults with him and ahve seen many patient photos and they are all top notch. The big 3 regrew a ton of hair for me so i only need a very mild hairline touchup which I will have done in the near future.

Dr Shapiro charges $4.50 graft for the first 2K grafts then $2.50 a graft for anything over that.

4,000 grafts would be under $15,000

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

His technique and early reports for his FUE practice sounds very promising as well!

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude said:
His technique and early reports for his FUE practice sounds very promising as well!

That's what I'm waiting for. 4-500 FUE in my hairline probably a year from now.

CCS

Reaction score
dclayton said:
His website says as low as $4/graft. I would guess I am stage 4. Does $15 -$20,000 sound about right?

Depends on the size of your head, how far you want to lower your hairline and bring the temples forwards, and depends on the caliper of your hairs, and donor supply. $20,000 would give you 5,000 grafts if the price is $4. That will certainly improve your appearance, but the question is exactly what will you look like and and will you be happy with it. While I can't be certain, I am pretty sure you will be able to visually tell that your new hair is less dense than the hair behind it, even with that many grafts, but it may be an acceptable level at that density.

I was a NW3-4a with a very big head and no temples, and 3000-3500 grafts (I paid for 4000, and got at least 2800 from my first two procedures) left me at a visually obvious 1/3 density and NW2 hairline and temples. I have course hairs, half of which are 1's and half are 2's. I look better than before, but think I would have been much better off spending my $14,000 on 20 years of hair pieces and getting a perfect NW1 and density.