Dr Russel Knudssen

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of this doctor in australia.Hes prices seem fair.But i havent heard anything about him.

G

Ive heard of Knudsen,I havent heard anything about him though.

G

Have you seen any of his patients "in person"? I have never seen him recommended on the forums nor read any testimonials from patients about him.

G

From what I understand he is a solid option and a solid Doctor---- I believe after Woods, he might be a good option.

I have not seen much of his work, but it looks pretty good----smaller sized sessions I believe.

Take Care,
Jason

G

Dr. Shapiro and Janna both said his work was solid Gil---- From what little of his work I have seen it is ok. I don't think it is refined. Probably the same as Martinick?

If you have some personal dealings with him or his patients, by all means please share---my Doctor knowledge is fairly extensive, but I can certainly still learn more---especially from someone with your experience.

Take Care,
Jason

G

Martinick? She is a terrible surgeon.The only person who thinks she is great is that damian guy.Ive heard terrible storys about her and was butchered myself by her.

G

Toyboy.Woods is probably the best in australia but hes prices are a bit expensive.He only does fue.Make sure you do your research before you go into an operation with any doctor.Especially in australia.In my opinion australia has the worst cosmetic surgeons in all the western world.There are doctors in third world countrys better then the ones in australia so be carefull.

G

bspot,

In all respect, not sure how you can say his work is okay "if it is not refined", and I assume you mean ultra-refined in strip. Take a closer look at Martinick because like Davidoff, I also have heard and read some posts of unhappy patients. And we both just learned Davidoff is speaking of his own personal experience too. :shock:

Davidoff, if you don't mind my asking, did you have FUE or strip with Martinick and how recent was your procedure?

G

gillenator said:
bspot,

In all respect, not sure how you can say his work is okay "if it is not refined", and I assume you mean ultra-refined in strip. Take a closer look at Martinick because like Davidoff, I also have heard and read some posts of unhappy patients. And we both just learned Davidoff is speaking of his own personal experience too. :shock:

Davidoff, if you don't mind my asking, did you have FUE or strip with Martinick and how recent was your procedure?
I had strip with martinick around 4 years ago.I had 2000 grafts done in my temple and crown area.Out of all the grafts she did,Not even half grew through.I have stringy looking hair wth huge spaces between.This did not happen 4 years later.My hair has been like since the transplant.I have a pretty thick scar on the back of my neck.She told me i would be able to clip my hair number 2 before the operation.I cant even get away with clipping it number 3.I went back to her about 2 years ago and asked if she could atleast do some fue to cover the scar but she said she would only do it if i paid again.Even when i told her i would tell people how she treated me she didnt seem to care.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Why would anyone want to risk a relativaley unknown doctor is beyond me :shakehead:

Is it really that expensive or hard to save the extra dollars for a plane ticket to see the worlds best hair transplant docs? You're talking like 1-2 months maximum worth of extra pay. Big deal!

From what I hear the Australian dollar is very strong to the American dollar right now trading around 94 cents to the American dollar, so its pretty much equal value. Just fly to the USA or Canada :shakehead:

s.a.f

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Why would anyone want to risk a relativaley unknown doctor is beyond me :shakehead:
Its the no1 mistake made by hair transplant patients. Unfortunatley people view buying surgery like its a product, ie its all the same the world over.
People are not willing to inconvience themselves by travelling. Its a mistake that myself made when I went to the butchers in the UK.

G

Yes, I would absolutely recommend flying to the States/Canada for a hair transplant with a well respected doctor with a proven track record.

I know a situation with Dr. Martinick occured a while back with some odd graft placements and incision sizes, but I am not sure what happened after that.

Steve, I guess this is a situation where my shilling is getting in the way right? I mean, where I say an unknown doctor is possibly worth a look and then mention that Dr. Woods is the best option in Australia at this time?

I don't want to engage in some running dialogue where you feel you have to try to "one up me" in order to prove yourself to members of the community.

Jason

G

How interesting that you are now referring to yourself as "shilling".

No, not at all because referring to doctors "that are not compensating you" is just fine.

It's when you "steer" patients to you own employer "who is compensating you" where the CONFLICT OF INTEREST exists. :roll:

And no I am not trying to "up you" on anything. Just taking a moral stand against unethical practices.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I dont see a problem with promoting one doctor over the other, as long as the doctor he is promoting is actually any good. If he was a known butcher then id take issue with that, but I dont see a real problem with what he is doing. Although if you're being payed to promote someone it certainly could be been seen as a conflict of interest. But once again if the surgeon they represent does good work, then its not so bad, kinda the lesser of two evils :devil:

People who try and sell you things on this board stick out like a sore thumb, thats the beauty of this board, imposters are easily weeded out and there is very little biased opinion. The B-spot does not stick out as one of these people (yet) if he is a salesman he is very subtle about it and does not push it that hard.

G

Whether subtle or not, these communities are intended to be a safe place where patients are not streered to doctors by employees of those same doctors/clinics. That's a no brainer because it is not "sort of" but is in fact a conflict of interest any way you look at it.

So whether the individuals are nice or rude, that's not the issue, the issue is referring patients to your employer.

G

Metalhead--I'm not a salesman nor do I get paid by patient etc.... I am a law student who works part-time for Dr. Shapiro and for Dr. Shapiro only.
I am also a patient of Dr. Shapiro's twice over and soon a 3rd time.

I don't work for several doctors as some others do, but I have consistently pointed patients to all top doctors many times over.

Don't get caught up by a vindictive tirade from those who would set themselves up as judge and jury just to serve their own means.

Gillenator is a good guy, but he is wrong in his accusations and even moreso in the unprofessional manner in which he has handled his issues.

I sincerely hope this issue is laid to rest.

Jason

G

Dr. Shapiro and I have discussed this issue at length this week and have come to a complete understanding, and this issue has in fact been put to rest.

G

Thanks Steve--- I'm glad we can get back to helping people out.

Take Care,
Jason