Dr Umar using beard and bodyhair as donar areas...

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Dr Umar really seems to be something else.

Check this is guys.

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/blog/hair ... ess-cured/

This guy goes from SEVERELY bald to cosmetically quite good.

This guy has brought my faith back into hair transplant's. I always ruled one out, but now i'm thinking i've got a few in my future.

Why?

Because there is little risk, whereas before it was a huge risk...money aside.

FUE means no risk of scars so, if you're someone like me who is destined to be practically slick (diffuse all over) there's no real risk. No scars. At worst you could end up with more "patches" than you would have had otherwise, but lets be honest,, when you're that bald anyway any coverage is better than none.

Thoughts on this? In particular, im speaking of FUE with donar areas of beard and body hair being used. I think this is the next big thing that can "carry" hair transplant's until stem-cell cloning can be perfected. I really think a "full" head of hair is attainable without the restraints there existed prior.

I think i might fill in my crown and temples (a little) in the next year or two and then make 3 or 4 more visits to California to "top up" my hair as it naturally thins and gets worse. That way it would appear im jus slowly gaining my hair back / halting loss, which would be realistically possible without any real issue looking stupid.

I'm excited. I was always bald or atleast pretty bald in my image of myself in 10 years. Now im not. Nice.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Wow, that is remarkable.

Dr Umar is a true wizard.

LOL at people saying it looks like pubes. It does look "bushy" but you're a simpleton if you think this is a huge problem in comparsion to what he had before, or indeed slick.

Think about it - if you end up with a bushy head of hair like that....what do you do? Yes, you probably keep it short, right?

What do you also do? You CONDITION it and style and cut it in a manner which makes it look its best. With hair like that you can do plenty of things to make it look better. You would simply develop your own regime that works best (includes specific gels, products, shampoos, cuts etc). It's a problem id be more than happy to have.

I think this guy (and other top hair transplant doctors with this type of enterprise) is the best hope for guys who are otherwise destined to be slick like me.

I also think id be right in saying that bodyhair is the best long term approach because body hair is attually NOURISHED by DHT (how perverse). So, not only is it thicken in texture to begin with, it stands stronger chance of staying.

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
impressive results

what is your situation? I am sort of in your situation except my hairloss isn't as aggressive. I'm looking to get my temples filled in with an FUE and then follow it up as needed, if needed.

I figure the worst case if i run out of donor supply is either body hair or getting the hair removed via FUE and having the natural balding pattern. kind of sucks/seems like a waste of money, but at least you never have any scars for life or unnatural hair patterns.

Nene

Reaction score
I agree with you guys. I think Dr. Umar's body hair transplants look really good. I wonder how it would look if it was buzzed all the way down. I don't mind a buzz cut so long as my hairline looks straight so I would really consider this in the future.

Nene

Reaction score
Rutt said:
impressive results

what is your situation? I am sort of in your situation except my hairloss isn't as aggressive. I'm looking to get my temples filled in with an FUE and then follow it up as needed, if needed.

I figure the worst case if i run out of donor supply is either body hair or getting the hair removed via FUE and having the natural balding pattern. kind of sucks/seems like a waste of money, but at least you never have any scars for life or unnatural hair patterns.

I would think that after having grafts placed and then removed you would have some sort of scar.

Nene

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Nene said:
I agree with you guys. I think Dr. Umar's body hair transplants look really good. I wonder how it would look if it was buzzed all the way down. I don't mind a buzz cut so long as my hairline looks straight so I would really consider this in the future.

The stubble left from buzzing it all the way down would look exactly the same way as it looks when you have beard stubble. When I miss a day of shaving my face is covered in a shadow that looks no diferent than a shadow of a man who shaves his head.

But would transplanted hairs leave the same shadow? Would it look natural and would there be enough density to leave a shadow as a opposed to some sparse stubble?

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
Rutt said:
impressive results

I would think that after having grafts placed and then removed you would have some sort of scar.
Depends on the scarring characteristics of the person

this one looks damn good : http://www.forhair.com/Hair_Transplant_ ... nt_JOM.htm

this one not as much, but not cripplingly bad : http://www.forhair.com/Hair_Transplant_ ... nt_MIA.htm

more at http://www.forhair.com/Hair_Transplant_ ... Repair.htm

Mens Rea

Reaction score
I think this is the next big thing until follicle cloning comes in. No doubt Umar et al will be leading the line for this, too.

As one poster pointed out - we're talking alot of money. Over the course of 5-10 years id need practically my entire top of my head transplanted. I'm under no illusions about how difficult this could be.

What i do think is, if i got really fair results in my first hair transplant then i would have an idea whether its worth continuing with the original plan. All signs point to "yes".

How feasible is it in terms of cost, downtime, travel, etc? I'm not sure. These are things we all have to consider in depth.

I think we all have to bear in mind that we are at an interesting time in that hair transplant's have really came a long long way. The sad part about that is, we're perhaps 10-15 years away from another level again, but i guess we should be grateful that's we're in a somewhat empowered position.

If one can feasibly avail of these line of transplants to hold off male pattern baldness until cloning comes along, or simply goes for the whole works like the videos in this thread, then one stands a good chance of effectively defeating the curse of male pattern baldness atleast to a good degree.

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people don't realise how high of a standard some hair transplant's can be in this day and age.

Nene

Reaction score
Mens Rea said:
I think this is the next big thing until follicle cloning comes in. No doubt Umar et al will be leading the line for this, too.

As one poster pointed out - we're talking alot of money. Over the course of 5-10 years id need practically my entire top of my head transplanted. I'm under no illusions about how difficult this could be.

What i do think is, if i got really fair results in my first hair transplant then i would have an idea whether its worth continuing with the original plan. All signs point to "yes".

How feasible is it in terms of cost, downtime, travel, etc? I'm not sure. These are things we all have to consider in depth.

I think we all have to bear in mind that we are at an interesting time in that hair transplant's have really came a long long way. The sad part about that is, we're perhaps 10-15 years away from another level again, but i guess we should be grateful that's we're in a somewhat empowered position.

If one can feasibly avail of these line of transplants to hold off male pattern baldness until cloning comes along, or simply goes for the whole works like the videos in this thread, then one stands a good chance of effectively defeating the curse of male pattern baldness atleast to a good degree.

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people don't realise how high of a standard some hair transplant's can be in this day and age.

I don't think this is the next big thing Mens Rea. Dr. Umar has been doing this for a few years and it doesn't seem to have become popular. Most of the posters on here in fact are not big fans of the Dr. Umar BHT and think they look bad. I think it must cost a ton of money as you pointed out but also, people want long luxurious locks and don't want curly unnatural looking body hair on their heads. I don't like traditional hair transplant because of the lack of density. However, this could solve the density problem. I don't care if the hair looks weird cause I would be buzzing it all the way down to a 0. I'm gonna e-mail dr. umar about this.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Nene said:
Mens Rea said:

I don't think this is the next big thing Mens Rea. Dr. Umar has been doing this for a few years and it doesn't seem to have become popular. Most of the posters on here in fact are not big fans of the Dr. Umar BHT and think they look bad. I think it must cost a ton of money as you pointed out but also, people want long luxurious locks and don't want curly unnatural looking body hair on their heads. I don't like traditional hair transplant because of the lack of density. However, this could solve the density problem. I don't care if the hair looks weird cause I would be buzzing it all the way down to a 0. I'm gonna e-mail dr. umar about this.

Some good points.

As regards cost, we just have to accept this. BHT really is cutting edge so far as craft goes. Dr Umar is one of the very few capable of it; atleast to an appreciable standard.

Alot of people on these boards become very "fussy" about texture etc of their hair. There's a reason for this. One is alot of them actually have decent hair already and thus have different standards. And two is, some are simply unrealistic about the reality of things. I'm a 25 year old who relies on toppik but yet still have to be a crafty comber and i still clearly have thin hair.

Personally if i can get a decent "frame" (hairline) and then density or even the illusion of adequate density with BHT then why wouldn't i be happy? This "luxurious locks" stuff isn't happening, forget that.

Dont forget everyone's body hair follicles are slightly different, too.