Drugs that can cause hair loss

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a puzzler that minoxidil and ketaconazole are one there....

The Ibuprofen has got me a tad disturbed.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Jaygee said:

plain old Aspirin too.

Minoxidil and Ketaconazole are also available in pill form.

Thomas

Established Member
Reaction score
Jaygee said:

Many people who use minoxidil suffer from shedding before they expereince growth. It surprises me that there are not more medicines/vitamins/Foods on that list.. Anythig taken orally or topically can theoretically make the hair fall out.. For example, if you are allergic to pizza sauce you could devlope a million red bumps on your body making your hair fall out or if you take a bite of peanut butter you could have an seizure and lose tons of hair in the process.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
guys if you read the smalll print it says that most of these drugs cause hairloss in very few people 1% or 2% and it allmost always grows back

bobo

Reaction score
If you are worried about ibprofin.....

I don't know many people that take ibprofin every day for long periods of time.

DC

Reaction score
Ketoconazole (Nizoral 2%) is a shocker to me. When I started nizoral 3x week- I never thought it would have potential for hairloss. I know it is 1-2% . But, should we be a little more carefull with nizoral.

Deaner

Reaction score
Where did it say Nizoral 2%? It simply said Ketoconazole. Nowhere did it say that topical application of a 1% or 2% Ketoconazole solution will result in 100% chance of hairloss. And oral ketoconazole will do way more damage to your body than just hairloss, like irreversible liver damage and such.

Don't be all scared by a simple list of things that can make your hair fall out. Maybe we should start being more careful with Aspirin too... and you guys should stop using Minoxidil! It'll only make your hair fall out! :wink:

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i hear drinking water causes hairloss :freaked2:

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i also hear being alive causes hairloss