DualGen-15 With PG

madhesh46

Reaction score
Hello I have started using DualGen-15 With PG as it has both DHT and Minioxidil. But after applying my hair becomes very dry and it is hard to comb the Hair. Also using Nizoral every 3 days in a week is pain in A.
Any ideas how to keep hair normally after applying DG?

Thanks
Maddy.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Apply something like DualGen-15 at night. It is too messy/gunky to use in the mornings and try to style your hair. I use it at night and Minoxidilmax 5% Fast Dry in the mornings.

sunseter

Reaction score
Boomer01 said:
Apply something like DualGen-15 at night. It is too messy/gunky to use in the mornings and try to style your hair. I use it at night and Minoxidilmax 5% Fast Dry in the mornings.

I am using the same regimen. My hair is not very long. I wash my hair every other day without any issue. I agree DualGen-15 with PG does take much longer than fast drying 5% minoxidil to dry. I hope a company will offer 15% minoxidil in foam form, so it will dry faster.

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
madhesh46 said:
Hello I have started using DualGen-15 With PG as it has both DHT and Minioxidil. But after applying my hair becomes very dry and it is hard to comb the Hair. Also using Nizoral every 3 days in a week is pain in A.

Thanks
Maddy.

Did you try Dualgen-15 NO PG? I have no problem to comb my hair after it is dry.

madhesh46

Reaction score
longhair1983 said:
madhesh46 said:

Thanks
Maddy.

Did you try Dualgen-15 NO PG? I have no problem to comb my hair after it is dry.
Thanks for your advice, but D-No-PG is for Itch relief I guess?

-Maddy.

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. The No PG version is for itch relief. But it should work the same as Dualgen-15 With PG because the have the same effective ingredients.

SMart

Reaction score
How the dualgen15 working for you guys? Maintaining/ noticeable thickening?

I found it too sticky for liking went on to the new Minoxidil Solutions Xandrox formula which seems highly suspect now and might be willing to try the Minoxodilmax dualgen15 formula again.

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
SMart said:

I found it too sticky for liking went on to the new Minoxidil Solutions Xandrox formula which seems highly suspect now and might be willing to try the Minoxodilmax dualgen15 formula again.

Many report shedding when swtiching to Dualgen 15 from Xandrox 15/15 plus. But, it seems to me there may be a difference between 'shedding' at 4-6 months - which MIGHT indicate the loss of hair gained/maintained by the previous Xandrox; and 'shedding' in the early weeks which MIGHT indicate that it is working.

There's a lot of us out here trying to find a substitute for Xandrox 15/15 plus. It would be good to get your views.

I'm wondering about going to plain old Rogaine foam - for all it's scary shedding stories.

Azeliac acid doesn't seem to have many devotees now - and there is a huge question mark about whether 15% minoxidil in these ebay products really does what Dr Lee's did - for whatever reason - particularly compounds like Dualgen.

I have to have no PG which is what led me to Dr Lee in the first place. I came to trust both him and his products - as did so many.

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
Xandroxuser said:
SMart said:

Many report shedding when swtiching to Dualgen 15 from Xandrox 15/15 plus. But, it seems to me there may be a difference between 'shedding' at 4-6 months - which MIGHT indicate the loss of hair gained/maintained by the previous Xandrox; and 'shedding' in the early weeks which MIGHT indicate that it is working.

There's a lot of us out here trying to find a substitute for Xandrox 15/15 plus. It would be good to get your views.

I'm wondering about going to plain old Rogaine foam - for all it's scary shedding stories.

Azeliac acid doesn't seem to have many devotees now - and there is a huge question mark about whether 15% minoxidil in these ebay products really does what Dr Lee's did - for whatever reason - particularly compounds like Dualgen.

I have to have no PG which is what led me to Dr Lee in the first place. I came to trust both him and his products - as did so many.

PERHAPS - SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXPLICIT. I'M TALKING OF NON-PG!

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Smart, I switched from Dr Lee Xandrox-5 free of propylene glycol to Duagen-5 and DualGen-15 NO PG since the fall of Dr. Lee. I didn’t experience any shedding. In fact, I think my hair is thicker than before.

Xandroxuser, I was in the same boat as you when I was looking for alternatives when Xandrox line was no longer available. I was skeptical about any products except for Dr. Lee’s. Even though there were a lot of users say good thing about minoxidilmax, the posts reporting any negative side of the products seemed so horrifying to me and were the only things that I cared most, because I didn’t want to take any risk. At the end of the day, I made the switch and I am very happy about it. By the way, which Xandrox product are you using? Are you using Xandrox-15 plus? I visited Minoxidilmax website one month ago. I could find any Xandrox-15 plus formula there.

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think it takes 4 to 6 months to see any shedding after stopping minoxidil or switching from a "good" minoxidil to a "bad" minoxidil solution. I think 1 to 2 months sounds more reasonable. But don't quote me on it. I think I once asked Dr lee and he said something like that. Too bad I couldn't find the email any more.

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
longhair1983 said:
Smart, I switched from Dr Lee Xandrox-5 free of propylene glycol to Duagen-5 and DualGen-15 NO PG since the fall of Dr. Lee. I didn’t experience any shedding. In fact, I think my hair is thicker than before.

Xandroxuser, I was in the same boat as you when I was looking for alternatives when Xandrox line was no longer available. I was skeptical about any products except for Dr. Lee’s. Even though there were a lot of users say good thing about minoxidilmax, the posts reporting any negative side of the products seemed so horrifying to me and were the only things that I cared most, because I didn’t want to take any risk. At the end of the day, I made the switch and I am very happy about it. By the way, which Xandrox product are you using? Are you using Xandrox-15 plus? I visited Minoxidilmax website one month ago. I could find any Xandrox-15 plus formula there.

longhair1883. Dr Lee's fall was in March. Have you been using Dualgen 5 and 15 since then. I guess you weren't using his Xandrox 15 or 15 plus - rather 5. But your comment is helpful.

I'm using 15+ and you are right there is no Minoxidil Max plus.

I would be more reassured if there were t experienced users and posters, posting recommendations. There seem to be exceptionally few of these.

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
longhair1983 said:
I don't think it takes 4 to 6 months to see any shedding after stopping minoxidil or switching from a "good" minoxidil to a "bad" minoxidil solution. I think 1 to 2 months sounds more reasonable. But don't quote me on it. I think I once asked Dr lee and he said something like that. Too bad I couldn't find the email any more.

longhair1983. It would be nice if you could find the email. I based what I said on this:

Dr Lee's FAQ says:

'C.1 Myth: male pattern baldness can be cured in a few days.

Never happens. male pattern baldness has no cure. Products that are effective in treating male pattern baldness require "the norm of 4 to 6 months" to see significant results, e.g. either a loss reversal or new hair growth. The reason is simple. What we are trying to do is to replace thin or fine hair shafts by thicker ones. In order for that to happen, the follicle producing the fine hair shaft has to shift into the telogen phase, which lasts ~100 days, shed the fine shaft, and start growing an observable thicker shaft. That requires 4 to 6 months.'

There is good material on 'shedding' (different from male pattern baldness) on the baldtruth forum - 'The Big Three' thread.