dubious's story - (Hairloss question, age 22)

dubious

Reaction score
Hello

I've just got a few questions about my hairloss. I noticed I started losing some hair about a year ago, then forgot about it during the summer. But now I'm really concerned about it again, and it also looks thinner than it used to.

My uncle has been bald as long as I can remember, and my father is now starting to thin out on the top in his 50's. My brother who's 4 years older than me has thick hair and no signs of hairloss at all.

To those who have experienced hairloss:
I've got a terrible itch on my entire scalp, and I've had it nearly 6 months now I think. My hairdresser adviced me to buy some mild shampoo, and so I did in hope it would sooth my scalp, but it hasn't helped. Is it normal to experience extensive itching in the scalp if I suffer from male pattern baldness? I also feel red bumps somewhere in my scalp that are very itchy. Still haven't seen a dermatologist, but I'm planning to once my exams are finished.

My hair is most thin at the sides of my head, and not that much on top. My crown is fully cowered. During the last 3 monhts I've noticed it's become alittle thinner on the top aswell (from not noticable to noticable, by me atleast). Can this type of hairloss be caused by something else than male pattern baldness, since it's mostly at the sides?

So basicly what I'm asking is wheater it's normal to experience this itching and losing hair on the side of your head if you're suffering from male pattern baldness. I've tried to find an answer by searching through various forums, but still haven't found anything resembling my condition.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Failing Follicles

Reaction score
Re: Hairloss question, age 22

I had years of tingling whilst it was falling out but never much itching. I tried Nanoguard shampoo and that made my head really itchy so I stopped it. Sorry can't be of much help here.

dubious

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply :)

ps. your picture allways cracks me up, so thanks once again :)

Anyone else out there who might be of some help?

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score

Itching and red bumps yeah thats what I experienced when my hair loss started. Getting on proscar and using nizoral helped reduce the itch a bit.