Ducray products (vitamins and shampoo)

NeedHairlossHelp

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried Ducray's products? My grandmother used them and had noticeable hair growth, but I'm skeptical as I can't find my information on them. They sell anacaps, which are like hair vitamins you can get off amazon which have like three reviews. They also sell a preparation shampoo which got amazing reviews just about everywhere I looked, but hasn't done much for me yet in the limited timeframe I've been using it.

NeedHairlossHelp

Reaction score
There's seriously no information on this at all?

Ok next question. Any vitamin's suggested? I know they're not make or break, but I'll take anything at this point, my hair loss is very concentrated and I think I can fight it.

Jacob

Reaction score
These aren't suggestions..just ones I had posted elsewhere:

http://www.iherb.com/Ridge-Crest-Herbals-Hair-ReVive-120-Veggie-Caps/9806?at=0

http://www.naturalwellbeing.com/products/hair-growth

http://www.europharmausa.com/products/hair-renew-formula/

That last one I will probably try for awhile...if Iherb ends up carrying it at a decent price. Although there is a discount...a bit bigger the larger the order.
AC-11 is another..used to take that some years ago. http://www.rephairbypierremichel.com/ You can get the caps from other companies as well..in some combo products too.

Hair advice

Reaction score
I have tried Ducray anacaps and anaphase shampoo. I used it for 3 months and I do think I noticed some regrowth. My hair stylist also said she saw some new growth. I also used the anaphase shampoo which I initially thought was a waste of money but then I noticed less hair was falling out during use. I'm not completely certain though.

I did not re-purchase these items because I thought it was expensive and that perhaps other cheaper vitamins/shampoos are available. But recently I have been thinking of buying these capsules again but I also cannot find much reviews on it.

tinytim30

Reaction score
are ducray part of l oreal as they sell aminxil topical i think ones called hair energy. :bravo:

NeedHairlossHelp

Reaction score
I never tried the anacaps, but I tried the ducray anaphase shampoo before I even started my propecia/finasteride/nizoral regimen. I didn't notice any regrowth, but the shampoo felt like it was silky and good for the hair. I felt like my hair was stronger but I honestly don't know for sure, could of been placebo. They do have quite a bit of vitamins listed on the bottle, so I don't see how it could do any harm. For now I'm just using head and shoulders scalp care (the one with the almond oil) in between my two day nizoral breaks.

I really wish there was more information on Ducray, I've heard great things from the limited amount of information available and from word of mouth. It doesn't seem to be sold in the U.S.

Hair advice

Reaction score
I bought the Anacaps again as well as a spray from Ducray called Neoptide. I started the spray today and the anacaps I started last week but skipped a few days. I bought them from my local drugstore (in Canada). The sales associate at the store raved about the products (which is her job to do so), and also mentioned how many people come back to buy Ducray products. Previously I purchased the capsules from a cosmetic surgery clinic where my dermatologist works. So hopefully the products are ok but still also wished there was more online info!

Anyway I can update my results if I see any difference.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, you just gotta love these 1-2 post newbie salepersons...can't fault them for trying :)

Jacob

Reaction score
What's the big deal? That person should at least have 15 more years of free sailing in these forums.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair advice said:
Are you referring to me?

I, perhaps, was alluding to you or someone like you, but I definitely was not referring to you; for then, I would have included your username, "Hair advice,"
which is actually the perfect segue into a discussion about the Ducray product line. Fancy that! :)

Do keep us informed as to your results: Something tells me that they are going to be out of this world ;)

Hair advice

Reaction score
The Natural said:
[quote="Hair advice":38u8s66y]Are you referring to me?

I, perhaps, was alluding to you or someone like you, but I definitely was not referring to you; for then, I would have included your username, "Hair advice,"
which is actually the perfect segue into a discussion about the Ducray product line. Fancy that! :)

Do keep us informed as to your results: Something tells me that they are going to be out of this world ;)[/quote:38u8s66y]

OK…...well perhaps I should take your comment as a compliment since at the moment I am in sales although it has nothing to do with any sort of skin/hair products. I chose the name “Hair Adviceâ€￾ because it was the only name I could think of and I thought it was fitting as I was replying to “NeedHairlossHelpâ€￾. In my post I did not write that the products are amazing beyond belief. I only wrote about my first experience with the capsules and about what others told me (ie. sales associate from drugstore and my hair dresser). I do not work for Ducray and will not waste much more time trying to prove that. I only came across this forum in my google search for Ducray reviews. I wanted to know about other people’s experiences before I went out and spent money on it again. You’re quite quick to judge after reading only 2 posts….

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair advice said:
...You’re quite quick to judge after reading only 2 posts….

It is exactly because of "only 2 posts" that my eyes (if you could see them) are rolling around incredulously.

But, you know what, I going to take your word for it, and just wish you the best with your Ducray products (and unrelated sales position).

Jacob

Reaction score
The Natural..have you ever said anything to Bryan all these years? Maybe you have....

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
The Natural..have you ever said anything to Bryan all these years? Maybe you have....

I'd like to think that your tone is one of inquiry as opposed to accusation. You have answered your own question, by the way.

Bryan and I have had differences of opinion, most of which took place at another forum. I'll leave it at that, as you seem to have done a thorough job of addressing the concerns (about him and Dr. Proctor) shared by many posters here.