Dumptruck's Story - (Need advice / with pics and background)

dumptruck

Reaction score
Heya guys-

Happy to find this forum. A few years back I laughed at the idea of hairloss, as I've always had the THICKEST hair anyone has ever seen. Hairdressers always used to tell me "when hair becomes money, you'll be a billionaire".

Then I came to college. About two years into it I started noticing some hair falling out in the shower. Being that I'm hairy as heck, I laughed at it. Then it got worse. I started noticing my "culdesacs" in photos. Now that I'm a medical student, people say I have the hairline of Dr. Cox on "Scrubs".

I workout 4-5 days a week, watch my diet, take vitamins, etc. I started using Nioxin, which brought better quality hair but no growth. I have no male pattern baldness on my mom's side (they are all in their 80s with hair) and my dad has a full head. I have no idea how or if I have male pattern baldness. I just know I have continuous loss with more and more skin visible on my forehead. My crown seems fine, but when I comb my fingers through I can easily get 2-3 hairs each time coming out of there.

I need to nip this in the bud; it's nice to have a group of people like you to share this with. I just went through some pretty serious surgery on my frontal sinus, so in another week or so I will be starting a regimen. (post surgery hair loss and oily skin is a pill btw)

After some good reading, I've decided to start Nizoral (1%, 2x a week) and Revita shampoo in between. I'm looking for a good conditioner and the BEST shampoo inbetween Nizoral applications, so if you could post recommendations I would appreciate it.

Otherwise, I think Minoxidil spray (or foam?) 2x a day would be good for working on the hairline and everwhere else. I've debated trying to get on Propecia...I don't know if it would work well on me because I may not have male pattern baldness and I have no visible loss on top...yet.

Here are some pictures. If you guys could offer some advice on products to help me get rid of this vicious widow's peak, I would appreciate it. In the meantime, I hope to get some good results to share with you all!

(I apologize for the forehead acne...I blame the med school workload...it's been highly depleted during the break)

hlt1.jpg

hlt2.jpg

hlt3.jpg

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: dumptruck needs advice! (with pics and background)

Doesn't look too bad I've actually seen people who naturally have that hairline. If yours used to be more of the boxy shape then yea I'd jump on minoxidil. It's hard to say whether or not you should take finasteride since your hair on top is incredibly thick and finasteride is pretty weak on the hairline.

Also for the acne, I've had problems lately too I blame stress from being laid off from my job and it being winter. I learned honey is a home remedy for acne and have been using it for a few days now and it's actually pretty effective. Just use 1ts for your whole face leave it on for a half hour and rinse it off. Makes your skin soft too.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm...before you hop on minoxidil could you take a pic of your hair without holding it up?