Duprost taken rectally

sleek

Reaction score
Hello :)

Since I have significantly elevated liver enzymes (lots of drugs), I'm thinking of taking my duprost (0.5mg/day) rectally. Can I do it? Will it work? If yes, are there any studies that prove it?

Sorry if this question has already been anwered... I couldn't find the answer ...

CCS

Reaction score
:hump:

got to pack it in, incase it is not absorbed well in the colon. Need something long enough.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Subscribing to this thread - want to see how he gets on with this.

Be careful dude, you might have a lot of explaining to do to the hospital staff if you get it wrong! :freak:

"No, I'm not a pervert! I was just administering hairloss meds to myself! No, honestly, I was" :$

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
:hump:

got to pack it in, incase it is not absorbed well in the colon. Need something long enough.
alp6442%232%23.jpg

sleek

Reaction score
Can you be serious please?

As far as I know some drugs can be administered both orally and rectally,
so why can't you just say "yes"/"no"/"i don't know", instead of mocking?

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
sleek said:
Hello :)

Since I have significantly elevated liver enzymes (lots of drugs), I'm thinking of taking my duprost (0.5mg/day) rectally. Can I do it? Will it work? If yes, are there any studies that prove it?

Sorry if this question has already been anwered... I couldn't find the answer ...
OK, seriously then, why do you think taking it rectally will be better for your liver? I guess the drug would go straight into your systemic circulation without passing through the liver first (from the stomach / small intestine) but will that really make a difference? I mean, it still has to be broken down by your liver at some stage, right?

What other meds are you on?

Felk

Reaction score
Exactly, your liver has to do it anyway, your *** isn't going to metabolise the drug mate :hairy:

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
This is purely optional:

gameboy02.jpg

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
Taking it rectally will not have any advantage [over orally] for your liver what-so-ever. The only way this would be the case is if it wasn't absorbed when used as a suppository, in which case, there's no point in taking it at all.

This might work better...
chp_rocket.jpg