Duta once a week

doo

Reaction score
I am actually considering taking Duta once a weel instead of everyday in order to block more androgens and stay away of shedding (that is what I am scared about).

Has anyone taken this regimen so far? How is it working? Have you experienced any shedding though?

Cheers.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i talked to my doctor if its possible to skip every other day...
he says that with the long working time of 1 cap duta (280 hours)
that its not a problem to skip every other day
i can try to skip every other day sinds i am almost 2 years on the stuff , i hit the 2 years mark on febr 2010... taking every day my avodart

now 1 cap a week seems to low , i would do minimum 2x week (every 3 days)
if i where you...
1 cap a week would make your dht profile unstable.... its not because the stuff does block the dht for 93% that it can keep this level with only 1 cap every 7 days... your dht will rise again... and then after 6 days that the dht is higer, then again 1 cap , it will not hold the stable 93% blocking of the dht.. the tests of duta for hairloss are done on base of minimum 1 cap a day...
so the blocking of 93% dht does not go for 1 cap a week... it was tested with 1 cap a day

doo

Reaction score
The idea is to start slow with dutasteride in order to avoid shedding, and I am looking for the good strategy.

wesleyBelgium, have you experienced any shedding?

Thanks.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
yep...

1 big shedding on 3 months
1 little on 7 months...

after the 9 th month the hairloss was completly stopped , and new thicker hair did regrow...

i did post a few pictures at duta dosage topic :
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50920&start=0
but i use alot of products together so my idea : combos work best...

as for sheddings, you cant escape it , sinds the weaker damaged hair need to shed to grow a new and more healty hair... old must make room for new hair
if you start with 1x week and build up from there still the shedding wil come

JWM

Reaction score
As Bryan Shelton has pointed out many times, the half-life of dutasteride is predicated on the dosage you consume. Taking one dutasteride pill a week will have a significantly shorter half-life than taking it daily, and is probably on par with taking 0.5-1 mg of finasteride a day in terms of effectiveness.

Twice a week is probably the recommended minimum to seeing a strong response from dutasteride. In fact in studies done, 0.1 mg of dutasteride a week was on par with 5 mg Proscar a day; maybe even a little better.

Still, there are some anecdotal reports of those taking one dutasteride pill a week with success. Of course they are purely anecdotal and need to be taken with a grain of salt.

DHR

Reaction score
I'd consider taking one a day for a decent period, then perhaps going down to one every other day (or every 3 days) for 'dutasteride maintenance' but that's just me :dunno:

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
correct...

i use duta for 1,7 years , every day
and my Doctor says it would be fine to use it every other day , because i use it almost 2 years now.... i dont think it would work the other way arround as good