Dutasteride 0.5mg daily increased my DHT and 3adiolG levels.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This a post since now I got my acc back which is worth mentioning. I was taking Dutasteride (Avodart) for almost 3 months, 0.5mg daily. And this happened:

***What I was taking from October 23rd until January 10th-I stopped it after this test. Plus, I stopped Pyri as well.

I was taking dutas in the morning and finasterde at night, orally, plus topical Pyrilutamide, etc. You can see my stack below:

Topical Minoxidil 6% (from 2018)

Topical Finasteride about 0.2% (from April 2022)

Oral Finasteride 1mg Propecia (from January 2020)

Oral Dutasteride from October 2022 (23rd)

17a-Estradiol/Alfatradiol/Pantostin 0.1% from June 2022

Cetirizine 1% from April 2022

Pyrilutamide 0.5% from September 2022 until my blood test I was taking it-Once daily

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My previous blood test (March 2022) of DHT and 3adiolG levels were: 35.5 ng/dl and 461 ng/dl, respectively. Range of my lab is: 30-85 ng/dl and 280-1900 ng/dl, respectively. I was using oral finasteride, topical finasteride, minoxidil, and I was about 2-3 weeks experimenting with increased topical finasteride dosages and 17a+ceti. I was still thinning and losing ground, of course.

New test (January 10): DHT went 56.3 ng/dl (!!!!!!) and 3adiolG went 1055 ng/dl (!!!!). As a tremendous upregulation or whatever! I performed this test they day before I stopped dutasteride, afer 80 days on it.

***3adiolG indirectly reflects 5AR activity in tissues!
http://immunotech.cz/Media/Default/Page/A-G_analyte_info.pdf
Plus, my thread here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ation-of-hair-follicles-and-3a-diol-g.134542/
And of course this study which can add due to genetic variations:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6746394/

Last edited:

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First off, I think alfatradiol is a waste. It’s a weaker form of estrogen, and I’ve never seen anyone have good results from it. It’s also a hormonal stimulus and may impact HPTA.

At the end of the day, I am a resultist. What works is what matters.

You have two main options here. You could try duta at 2.5mg, perhaps that would be strong enough to counter the upregulation. However, I have heard of and experienced hair worsening on dutasteride. I don’t like that approach especially since you have a test that validates it isn’t working for you. 2.5 could work but it’s a big risk, and truth be told I have yet to see someone have significant improvement on dutasteride compared to finasteride.

Why haven’t you tried oral minoxidil? It is the most powerful hair loss treatment aside from HRT. I would hop on oral minoxidil.

What are your DHT levels like on finasteride? What are you DHT levels like without these drugs?
Cetirizine and 17a Estradiol they are helping me a bit with the shedding, that’s why I keep using them, and also 17a mainly for the supposedly increase of aromatase, Cetirizine for pgd2.

I tried for few days 1mg (2 capsules) and again the same hair thin feeling so fast. So, I dropped it again. Also, I tried topical Dutasteride 0.25%, but again dropped it because it was making my scalp very tight and dry, and I believe it was from the 5AR1 inhibition. This was leading again to thinner hair.

I thought about oral minoxidil as well.

You can see my DHT on Finasteride above: My previous blood test (March 2022) of DHT and 3adiolG levels were: 35.5 ng/dl and 461 ng/dl, respectively. Range of my lab is: 30-85 ng/dl and 280-1900 ng/dl, respectively. I was using oral finasteride, topical finasteride, minoxidil, and I was about 2-3 weeks experimenting with increased topical finasteride dosages and 17a+ceti.

My baseline DHT was about 52-55 ng/dl. Without treatments.

Last edited:

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But I used it for 7 months, even if it was from Actifolic, mmax, or anageninc, I haven’t even notice a single improvement to my hair quality…..You forgot that I used from all 3 vendors…I think I am no responder to it….. So cursed….

Mmax has purity tests as well, also a guy in the reviews posted that he checked the purity of their pre made 5% solution and it came back good:

0006A099-2D97-4AE8-B1F5-23C483E45830.png

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
But I used it for 7 months, even if it was from Actifolic, mmax, or anageninc, I haven’t even notice a single improvement to my hair quality…..You forgot that I used from all 3 vendors…I think I am no responder to it….. So cursed….

Mmax has purity tests as well, also a guy in the reviews posted that he checked the purity of their pre made 5% solution and it came back good:

View attachment 186654
Its because you used dutasteride while on RU. Duta raise scalp T and cause upregulation. Duta fucked my hair after 1.5 years on it even at 2.5mg and 2mg. Also used topically.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its because you used dutasteride while on RU. Duta raise scalp T and cause upregulation. Duta fucked my hair after 1.5 years on it even at 2.5mg and 2mg. Also used topically.
No, I only added RU into my regimen. I was not using Dutasteride when on RU… I dropped Dutasteride as I mentioned in my post, early January of 2023…

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Added. What u mean. What did u use with RU?

And I just added RU on top of that for 7 whole months…

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

And I just added RU on top of that for 7 whole months…
Pantosin is trash. One guy said it can worsen hair drop it. I used it for 5 months didnt do jack sh*t

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score