dutasteride and itchy scalp

JJ Gittes

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anybody here noticed an increase in scalp irritation or itch after starting dutasteride?

I've used Nizoral for years (so please don't suggest that :) ) without a problem.

Yet, since starting dutasteride about 17 days ago, the itch has returned with a vengeance.

Seems like the opposite should be true with dutasteride's increased suppression of scalp DHT -- no?

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
You might try using Nizoral... :lol:

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I've started using dutasteride a s a topical a couple of days ago and noticed that my scalp was itchy as well but only mildly so and is of no concern since I use copper peptide which takes care of that .

JJ Gittes

Established Member
Reaction score
Kevin fretwell said:
I've started using dutasteride a s a topical a couple of days ago

I'm fascinated by this dutasteride topical experiment. I assume you're using generic to make this?

Nevertheless, isn't it going to be prohibitively expensive to mix and use every day?

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
No not really . Just add about 7 dollars to the minoxidil price per month and yes I'm using generic .

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Also coupled with the finasteride oral I can add tribulus herb to increase testosterone in system for better growth .The arguement now is wouldn't that increase dht ? Yes it will increase dht but at insignificant levels in scalp due to the additional dutasteride with min .So its a one two punch to an already potent regime of finasteride and ric . I plan on adding 2% flutamide also at a later date once settled into this regime .My vellus hairs are responding well to regime .