Dutasteride and other questions...

Watabtme

Reaction score
Hi all,

I started taking dutasteride a little over a week ago, and I am starting to kind of regret it. I just started treatment for my hair, which currently consists of nizoral, minoxidil 5% twice daily and dutasteride once a day. However, although dutasteride looks GREAT on paper, I haven't heard too many people say good things about it.

Should I be worried? Should I switch over to finasteride? Since I have started taking dutasteride, I haven't seen any real side effects.

Also, what is considered to be shedding? Currently, when I wash my hair (I do it every day) and look at my hands, I get anywhere between 1-6 hairs stuck on my fingers with each time I run them through. I do this 4-5 times each time I shower (shampoo twice, enzyme cleaner twice, and every few days conditioner once), so after each showering session I have ~20 hairs pulled out.. Is this shedding?

As you can see I'm really confused because I have JUST started noticing some thinning and I'm not sure what is good and what isn't.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dutasteride may work for you.
Propecia just has the whole FDA approvement and everyone raves about it.. so personally I feel safest in the hands of propecia or finasteride. But may as well try dutasteride for awhile and see if it works. Prove it right.