Dutasteride as a Topical solution is almost impossible!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Not all drugs are good candidates for TDD. There are a number of physical properties that make certain compounds ideal candidates for transdermal application. The ideal compounds have a low molecular weight (<=400 Daltons), are lipophilic but soluble in oil and water, and have a high melting point and partition coefficient.1–6 In addition, other factors such as drug stability, the use of different transdermal delivery carriers, and different penetration enhancers may impact absorption.

Molecular Weight 528.53 g/mol
It is soluble in ethanol (44 mg/mL), methanol (64 mg/mL) and polyethylene glycol 400 (3 mg/mL),but it is insoluble in water

but Finasteride sound better:
Molecular Weight
Solubility
in alcohol freely soluble
in water very slightly soluble

CCS

Reaction score
I see no problem with topical dutasteride if you can get it pure. But if you squeeze avodart into your minoxidil, be warned it stinks, and is in glycolic acid, which probably is not a problem. But if I bite into a dutasteride pill, it is hard to rinse all the taste off. So I think the smell on your scalp would be a problem.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont find dutasteride in alcohol smells at all nor do I find any problem with absorption except for too much getting into the system .
hh