Dutasteride, Finasteride, Etc. I Just Can't Beat This Hair Loss.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive literally fought hairloss for 4 years now. It started when i noticed my hairline had a slight itch and when i looked at it, i was receding there. I went on minoxidil and nothing changed. No regrowth at all. Then a year later i got on finasteride at 1.25 a day.. after 6 months, my hair looked pretty good. I stopped worrying about hairloss totally. Then at the 1 year mark, i had rapid hairloss followed by a major recession literally over night on the left hairline.

My hairs felt like they were drowning in acid. Went to derms and tried clobetasol, nizoral, tar shampoo, steroid shots, etc.. nothing helped. I stayed on finasteride until 2 years and finally dropped it and dropped minoxidil about 4 months earlier.

Fast forward a bit, got onto a seti gb. Started dutasteride and seti at the beginning of the year. Eventually dropped seti after consuming 75g total over 4 months or so. It did nothing anyway. Stayed on dutasteride, but tried sulfa at 2g which made my skin oily and gave me anxiety and agression issues for some reason.

Started developing scalp pimples behind my ears and in my hairline so i got on doxycycline. No help. now im starting my 11th month on dutasteride with zero regrowth, still shedding and still receding.

So thats my story. Hairloss wont stop and my itching literally tortures me every second of my day for the last 4 years. In a month after ive given dutasteride a full year, im quitting and idk what im going to do at that point. I had amazing hair and this just disformed me and turned me into someone im not. Good luck to you all.

Maybe share what has helped you.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in a similar situation as you know. nothing works. nothing. f*cking. works. period. It's time you stop everything and consider any alternative approach that's much milder and won't wreak havoc in your body. Any natural supplement or food that fights inflammation and reduces DHT. Anything and everything. f*ck finasteride, dutasteride, ru, seti, sulfa, etc... It is causing a war within your body.

gypsyjimi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp pimples and itchiness may be from shower routine. How often do you shampoo? Try to avoid shampooing frequently. If already shampooing daily, try every other day, then every 3 days. Gradual transition. Every 2-3 days is usual recommendation. You'll still need to rinse your hair/scalp with water and light conditioner to get product and buildup out on non-shampoo days. Medicated shampoos like Nizoral and coal tar can be irritating if used frequently (daily). But they can help if used every other shower or 2 for mild scalp issues. So cutting back on shampoo may improve your general scalp health (not genetic hair loss though).

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Scalp pimples and itchiness may be from shower routine. How often do you shampoo? Try to avoid shampooing frequently. If already shampooing daily, try every other day, then every 3 days. Gradual transition. Every 2-3 days is usual recommendation. You'll still need to rinse your hair/scalp with water and light conditioner to get product and buildup out on non-shampoo days. Medicated shampoos like Nizoral and coal tar can be irritating if used frequently (daily). But they can help if used every other shower or 2 for mild scalp issues. So cutting back on shampoo may improve your general scalp health (not genetic hair loss though).

Lol you dont think ive tried that... come on now. Bro, my hairline and hair in general is completely destroyed no matter what i do. The only thing i have not tried is spironolactone and lately i have been toying with the notion aside from completely giving up everything. There are a lot of stories about it actually causing hairloss through Telogen Effluvium which im clearly sensitive too.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
OP, your frustration is palpable. I feel for you. I fear I might be on the same path myself. finasteride for the past year and rogaine on and off for the past 6mo and nothing good. Continuing to lose ground monthly. I hope one of the new treatments in the pipe will prove helpful for you.