Dutasteride results? Still shedding. (dutas and dutagen)

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Been on Dutas and Dutagen for 7 weeks I think. I'm still shedding pretty terribly in the hairline, particularly on the temples.

I am convinced dutas and dutagen are the same thing. However, they don't seem to really affect me nearly as much as fun did when it comes to sexual sides. In fact I'm not sure it's giving me any sides at all.

That's a positive. There is a negative: I'm not really seeing any results from it. I remember when I first started finasteride after a few weeks I stopped shedding completely, and though it took a while to see any regrowth, I greatly appreciated the lack of shedding.

Does anyone on dutas and\or dutagen have positive results? Did you take only brand-name Avodart?

Trying to get some info. There aren't as many people taking dutasteride for hair loss as I would have though, info on the internet seems scarce.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Lots of people have reported that the initial dutasteride shed it insane. Personally, I tried dutasteride...but quit and went back to finasteride after about 3 weeks because I got a PANTS SHITTING shed.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
Lots of people have reported that the initial dutasteride shed it insane. Personally, I tried dutasteride...but quit and went back to finasteride after about 3 weeks because I got a PANTS SHITTING shed.

I've heard that too but I don't find enough people actually posting about how long it took to start seeing regrowth. dutasteride just isn't as popular as I thought it was before I started taking it.

I am considering ordering some Avodart pills with my next order just to see if they are any different from this other dutasteride.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Not sure why this topic was moved to here. It was not really about shedding, but whether or not dutas and dutagen are working and other people's results on dutasteride, including brand name avodart. Good job mod.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
You've posted in my thread before, if you read the story you'd read that I've shedded easily for about 3~4 months, then it stopped for a month or so and continued for another 2.5 months or so... Pants shitting shedding as said by Rawktashk is a good way to decribe what I've been through. It's weird, cause I'm now worried shitless about hair again but 2 weeks or so back I didn't at all, and thought I was finally improving as I should. But right now I'm shedding hairs again. I've cut down dose to 3 x a week (0.5 mg still) and hope it decreases the sheddings a bit. Been on it for a year and a couple of months and I however experienced thickening right away - and it felt quite awesome! But after 2 months all of the above happened. I also have got no sides at all, quite the opposite actually even think I might've actually grown down below from it. I'm at least hoping I can enjoy some more periods without shedding all too often, because everytime it happens my hair goes to sh*t.