dutasteride vs. finasteride and SHEDDING !!!

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
really a good thread for discuss

hey irishpride your born year is 86 mean its same as me,

finasteride(april-2008)

when about for 5 months on finasteride 1mg finax before that no medic to my hair and i was thinned heavily all over my head as well as my donor in finasteride my all over head hair got thick after 3 months but my shed is regular as 20-30 haris in shower so you if you got aggressive dht you wil see thick hair but you will loose the thinned hair it was happened to me like that .so i want desperately do something for that so i shaved my head after 4 month..and going NW3-NW45

dutasteride(aug-2008)

after shaved my head i saw dutasteride in internet so i added to my regime after 4 month on dutasteride 0.5mg on (jan 09) i got more hair than ever before i gone to NW2 i was so happy.but all thinned hair get replacing by dutasteride after 5 month and again gone NW3-4 but remain good hair getting better and better and darker in this case i have to tell most of the hairs or 98% falling hairs thin and unhealthy..
and again shaved my head on (march-2009) now is july hardly 5 month i can now see very good hairs all looks very darker NW2-3..

current regime
finasteride 1.25 mg daily
dutasteride 0.5mg every other day.
Nizoral 1% or 2% per week 3 times.
mega vitamins EOD..

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
hey sorry bro i didn't took any photos in jan 09 but from my heart i'm not cheating anyone i got very good hair covered my my whole head in NW2 with thin hairs but in jan end i saw heavy shed on this thin hairs by dutas.
you can see my pic taken at june month last at shedding shedding thinning post

and i want to ask you what type hairs falling from your head ex.thin or good thick hair..

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
hey bro just analyze your self you'll come to know what really hurts you bad

1.how many years you are fighting against dht
2.only thick hairs are falling or ones in a time like 15 thin and 1 thick hair.

can you post your pics...asap..

with finasteride i got ok results but i want more results so thats why i added
more over i'm fighting with bald more than 3 years and last year only i come to know that finasteride and dutasteride,nizoral,

my thoughts..

In finasteride my hair got thick but thin falling and usual 20-30 hairs with thick hair also about 10 hairs..
started at 17 and aggressive by age by age by 23 ..
dht builds a strong base in your head.you have to send elite soldiers not the army .

age by age your dht builds up may be it can slow down if you reach NW7 or at your age 30.
now i'm in the middle of that so in my case i say dht produce 200%

finasteride will control rate is 55~60% (this is not enough).
dutas will control rate is 80~95(now is ok)

if you calculate for both it will control 150% if you take both that's what i'm doing..

so think and take bold decision bro....

nowadays my scalp feel really great and no more oily head past from one month with dutasteride&finasteride...and my scalp is peeling of like my body skin i dont why prev more oily...