dutasteride

Hopeman

Reaction score
I've been on propecia for almost 8 months now, and I'm still shedding sagnificant amounts of hair in the front/top of my head, and greatly thining out. I started minoxidil 5% but that apparently only works on the vertex....which isn't doing so bad right now. Im thinking of switching to dutasteride. but I'm wondering:

what is the standard dosage of dutasteride. for MPHL?

Any serious (such as, heart) side effects I should know about? Is it generally safe?

Can it be used with 1mg Propecia and 5% minoxidil at the same time?

Please! anyone who has been in this position let me know, im really tryin to find a solution.

T

Timi

Take finasteride
and give him time

and never dutasteride

your Body thanks you

Timi

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Standard dosage is .5mg a day, the medicine comes in capsules so you can't split them. However, some opt to take dutasteride 3x a week because of cost.

No need to take Propecia with Avodart, it will only inhibit a neglegible amount more of DHT.

It can be taken with minoxidil 5%.

beaner

Reaction score
Hopeman said:
I started minoxidil 5% but that apparently only works on the vertex.....

Minoxidil works all over the scalp regardless of what the manufacturers say. They are only allowd to claim it works on the vertex because that is the part of the head they studied the clinical trials. I would start using minoxidil in these areas before you switch to dutasteride. You haven't even given the finasteride long enough to work and in combination with minoxidil, you could have great success.

There is no standard dosage for dutasteride for male pattern baldness since it's not approved for that purpose. Most take .5 mg/day, although less can be more effective than finasteride.