Early Growth?

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible for people to get growth as early as around 1 month post-op? I realize I might be delusional, but I see dark stubble emerging from my scalp. I have been using lipogaine which has vitamins and saw palmetto in it as well as minoxidil and I am wondering if it's possible. Maybe it's just native hair emerging? The transplanted hair is darker and thicker, my native hair was becoming miniaturized and pale....I heard there was a study that people 2 out of 12 people who used minoxidil post-op saw growth around 1 month but it seems too good to be true

I had 3400 FUT

2400 frontal region
1000 crown

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
they will likely shed, don't WORRY about it, get it? hehe

sidenote: you got a hair transplant without being on finasteride?

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea finasteride and dutasteride were chemical castration to my body. no matter what dosage i took. Which sucks because that stuff really did help me. But yea I'm hoping that minoxidil will help me maintain what I do have. The surgeon (Dr Keene) was aware at my refusal to take finasteride, even though she wanted me to before I explained the sides. Is it not feasible that you can get a hair transplant without finasteride?

shookwun

Reaction score
Post up your before, and afters.

Most likely just native hair growing back.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Indeed it is possible. I got first visible signs of growth 14 days post op.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
If it was it wouldn't be stubble. When hair is transplanted it is mature and thick and they will feel like stubble. Once it sheds and regrows it will come in very soft and fine taking months to mature so you will never feel stubble. People who say they feel stubble are the same ones who said they saw a noticeable difference in their hair two weeks after dermarolling their hair, which is impossible considering hair grows at 1/2 inch per month.

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I think it was just a few of the graphs that haven't shed. I suppose some graphs hang on sometimes

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The earliest I saw was about 2 months, you can tell if it is the hair transplant if it is an area that had no hair prior obviously, otherwise no real way to know.