Early shed on finasteride

rescue hair

Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for 3 months and my hair has greatly increased its rate of shedding. I noticed the increased shedding at month 2, and it has continued into month 3. I am noticeably thinner in the frontal area, behind the hairline in the center of the scalp. I am hoping that this is a sign of response to the treatment, and that the shed hairs will grow back. Has anyone else experienced this sort of shedding in the 2nd and 3rd months? If so, did you recover later in your treatment?

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
This sounds like the shedding that can be expected, but i guess it would freak me out. I'm on my sixth day on Finasteride, so I might very well be on my way towards it.

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for three months now... my hair is in its worst possible condition now... i feel it has totally fukked my hair up :-x

G

Warrior101 said:
I've been on finasteride for three months now... my hair is in its worst possible condition now... i feel it has totally fukked my hair up :-x

If you feel like finasteride has 'fukked' up your hair, then why don't you stop taking it?