Early shed on propecia?

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been on 1mg propecia per day for a little over 3 weeks and I yesterday I started noticing my scalp to be very itchy. I was studying in the library and the itch was actually distracting me from studying. Anyways, when I took a shower this morning I noticed lots of hair all over my hands, much more than I would usually lose. I am talking almost double the amount of hair I would normally lose in the shower. I always thought that the earliest sheds from propecia usually don't come any earlier than the first and second month of treatment. Or could this possible be Hyperandrogenicity? I'm not really panicking or thinking of dropping finasteride, just wanted to see what you guys think? Thanks!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I would say it is most likely a shed. I had many sheds during the past year and a half, but I remember having one early maybe around the same time as you.

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say it is most likely a shed. I had many sheds during the past year and a half, but I remember having one early maybe around the same time as you.

Okay cool, hopefully this means that I will see results sooner than later. Hopefully the hairs that are shedding now will grow out again within the next 3 months.