Edennn's Story - (22)

edennn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
Im new here
My name is Eden Im 22 yo
I take 1.5mg avodart per day (4 months allready)
And a week ago i started using minox12.5 of Dr. Lee (the solution)

My story is a little difrent then the alot of men
in the past 3 years I started smoking sigarets and green as well
in the past to years i smoked so mutch weed I got depressd and alot of sterss 24/7 in my head and anxiety attacs all the time
I was fighting all day with family members and friends
was crying all the time.
my wight was going down from 66 kg to 53 in a month
havy night swets!!
my hair was shedding so bad in the front and the sides of the top of the head
(as u understand im not an english speeker lol)
from then I had some eating disorder thow I eat alot and not junk just didnt gaind wait because of the weed and depression (I was a heavy smoker)

so I started using the avodart 1.5 mg per day (original) 4 months ago
I had few days in the middle that i had 3 days off few times
my hair was alittle thicker and i stoped having a hair loss
I didnt have any new hair growth on my head but my hair looked beter.
A week ago i started using minoxidil 12.5 of Dr. Lee
And I have alot of hair sheding my hair look so much oful (bed)
I dont know what to do
some people say that using minoxidil is natural in the first 3 months to have sheding from hair
but have like mine???
PLEASE HELP IM SO DEPRESSD

Hoppi

Reaction score
aw dude I'm so sorry to hear about what you've gone through with depression and anxiety and stuff, i TOTALLY feel for you man as I really suspect stress as a trigger for my hair loss too.

Try not to worry ok? We can probably sort it all out and you would be surprised just how much better things can get sometimes :)

Ok erm, the minoxidil thing yes is totally normal and apparently the hair nearly always gets replaced with better, thicker hair from those same follicles that just shed. My knowledge of minoxidil is very limited, but according to what I know your shed doesn't in any way imply things are any worse ok?

If you had asked before trying it I would have said to maybe throw Nizoral in there first... I mean the thing is it really depends what is the chief cause of this.

It does SOUND like male pattern baldness, as otherwise the question begs as to why avodart seemed effective (avodart would not make a difference as far as I can calculate to other forms of stress-induced hair loss). Also, if it is noticeably receding from the hairline, particularly the corners of the hairline above the temples, and the very top of the crown, then that does also suggest male pattern baldness.

Do try not to worry though, I am in precisely the same boat and am only young as well (24), it's just one of those things I think :)

The jury's out as to whether you want to use Nizoral or Minoxidil topically (on your scalp) to help the Avodart along. Basically, Nizoral works by blocking the hormone that causes male pattern baldness from getting to your follicles, hence helping them to grow better again. Minoxidil works by stimulating the follicle (it's workings are not fully known, I think it allows more blood to the follicle and is a "potassium channel opener" but yes as I said in another thread if you want more help on Min it's probably best to talk to somebody else.)

hang on in there though :) This forum is a fantastic place to get advice and pointers, and often unless hair loss is VERY aggressive, it really is possible to keep it under control and often regrow as well!

Relax :)

Hoppi ^_^

EDIT -- Oh, just noticed you DO use Nizoral! Good call, keep it up! hehe :)

edennn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all I wuld like to thank you so much for trying to relax me and trying to help!!!
Im sure u did so many reaserch about male pattern baldness and stress

this is somthing another nice person told me
tell me what u think

"Stop smoking cigarettes! It has been proven that cigarette smoking markedly increases hair loss and DHT levels. Stop smoking pot! It is a known depressant and is bad for you if you smoke on a regular basis.
Shedding on minoxidil is very common in he beginning so you just have to wait it out.
Are you seeing a doctor?"

I had a talk from email with dr. lee i wish u tell me what u thinnk as well
he seem to be the profetional for this issues
-

"Eden,
I'm not a big advocate of using dutasteride (Avodart 0.5mg dutasteride soft gel) for the treatment of male pattern baldness, because we have no credible data in regards to its efficacy and safety for treating hair loss due to male pattern baldness. Glaxo abandoned any plans for undertaking Phase III trials for dutasteride as a treatment for male pattern baldness in the U.S. Interestingly enough, Clinical Trials are being conducted in Korea (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show?cond ... 22&rank=12).

When you consider that treatment for male pattern baldness may last for decades, beginning at a relatively young age, and that we have no knowledge what total DHT deprivation does to the body over a lifetime, I cannot in good conscience endorse its use. Of significant concern is the duration of side effects. The long half life of dutasteride exceeds 240 hours vs. the rather short 6 to 8 hours for finasteride. There have been some cases where the DHT levels had only returned to 25% of their original levels nearly a year after having discontinued dutasteride. As a result, any dangers or side effects that may be seen from Avodart, whether directly related or as a hypersensitive or allergic reaction, may take literally months to resolve.

Most of the panel members at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery October 18-22, 2006, which I attended in San Diego, did not approve of the use of dutasteride for treating male pattern baldness. They cited an additional finding that the sperm count in patients taking dutasteride were low (as low as 10%) and that the sperm count remained low even 6 months after discontinuing dutasteride. There are a number of systemic drugs that are more effective at reducing serum DHT than oral finasteride, but at issue with most of them is their safety.

If you access http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic4/avodart_ad.htm, you will read that the effects of dutasteride 0.5 mg/day on semen characteristics were evaluated in normal volunteers aged 18 to 52 (n = 27 dutasteride, n = 23 placebo) throughout 52 weeks of treatment and 24 weeks of post-treatment follow-up. At 52 weeks, the mean percent reduction from baseline in total sperm count, semen volume, and sperm motility were 23%, 26%, and 18%, respectively, in the dutasteride group when adjusted for changes from baseline in the placebo group.

Hopefully, we'll get a better evaluation of the benefits and dangers of using dutasteride in treating male pattern baldness.

Minoxidil does not cause shedding but it will allow follicles that were going to shed anyway to shed early.

Please conduct the pull test described below and get back to me with the results of each tug. It is a good indication of the percentage of hair follicles that are in the telogen phase and which areas of the scalp are most heavily involved in shedding. Only those follicles in the telogen phase will come out; so don't worry about losing hair from the test. Those follicles that are in the telogen phase will shed within 1 and 100 days whether you pull on them or not.

PULL TEST
A 'hair pull' will determine whether or not a disproportionate number of hair follicles are in the telogen phase. And this is a test, which the patient can do himself or herself. Pinch a bunch of hair between your thumb and middle finger. You will have approximately 25 to 30 hairs within the pinch. Give the bunch of hair a sharp tug. Repeat this tug in several places over the scalp. It would be normal to dislodge one or two hairs with each pull, because approximately 10% of the hairs on the scalp are in the telogen phase. The hairs that are dislodged should have a small, friable, whitish bulb on the scalp end. If you pull out more than 4 or 5 hairs in each pull, it's likely that you are having a period of telogen effluvium. Since a telogen effluvium is not limited to the hair follicles at risk for male pattern baldness or FPB, shedding can involve hair on any part of the scalp (and even body hair). The underlying scalp has a normal appearance without scarring or inflammation and there should not be any areas of complete alopecia. A close examination of the scalp may reveal a higher than expected number of short new hairs growing in.

Best wishes,"

Do you think i shuld do hormonal test or aother blood tests?
If yes what shuld i do?:/
I didnt say but i have sleeping problems aswell and i have heavy night sweats
Like i will drom 3 buckets on my bed in the morning:((i have it for months )

Hoppi

Reaction score
Heya dude :)

Wow, I can really see why people have such a high opinion of Dr Lee! That's not a bad analysis he gave you is it? :)

Yeah particularly in light of that maybe you are best off on finasteride. What dose you take depends on if you tend to show side effects - has dutas (dutasteride - avodart) given you sides? Things like testicular pain, affected sex drive, any other sexual abnormalities, sensitivity in the chest (around the nipples usually)? Any of that indicates either too low DHT, or too high estrogen (proportionately speaking) and you should reduce your dose or take a break entirely if the symptoms appear severe.

Smoking... yeah its a vasoconstrictor so your blood flow might be slightly affected and who knows it might affect hormones - just dont do it too much. i only smoke one every couple of days, rarely more.

Weed, yeah it can cause depression and anxiety usually just in high amounts, give it a rest for a while & if you ever do wanna do it again the key is moderation :)

(continued in next post!)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Sorry! Coincidentally I just had my first and probably only appointment at a hair clinic! Plus I'm on my phone so posts cant be too long :)

She said hair loss caused by stress is rarely permanent, and a good diet and less stress will probably fix it :) However, I'm going to go on mild finasteride and Nizoral just in case! Can never be too careful ^_^

But yeah in summary, check out my regimen! I mean basically I devised it for cases just like both of us! Also, cut down on the cigs and give the weed a break! Good luck dude, and try not to worry too much - feel free to PM me or anything :)

Hoppi! ^_^