effectiveness of rogaine

young gun

Reaction score
hi i am 18 years old and for the last 6 months i have been losing my hair mainly my hair has become rather thin everwhere. mainly it is really thin on the back of my head.. anyways i was wondering just how effective rogaine is and is it to my benefit to get on rogaine.. or should i try and talk to my doctor about propecia but i dont know which one would be better for me?

curetheloss

Reaction score
I think the consensus on this site is to get on propecia as quick as possible. You caught it pretty soon so after using propecia for a year it is supposed to maintain your hair and maybe thicken it up some. Get on propecia as soon as possible and stay on it for at least a year.
curetheloss

young gun

Reaction score
thanks so what about rogaine..is it effective in thicking your hair or regrowing hair that u lost

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
it is better for thickening than regrowing....the big 3 is the idea to get the hair as best as ;possible.....nizoral/rogaine/propecia..nizoral and rogaine are both over the counter.....at ur local rite aid or what not.....and propecia is only by perscriptiong...however finasteride...the active ingredient of propecia is avaialbe online at different sites.....either way get on either asap

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You might want to try Propecia for a year to see if it works for you before jumping on minoxidil or Regaine. Once you start minoxidil you will shed and a lot of people stop taking it because they think it's not working and then they loss more hair then what they start.