Ehudd's Story - (20 years old and balding)

Ehudd

Reaction score
Well title says it, im 20 and im going bald.
Its a mayjor issue in my family. My brothers are all thinning to. My dad is bald.
Im the only one that really cares. I have just come out of a 7 year relationship and i have no confidence anymore. Im sure there are other things that make me feel this way, but being bald for me is a huge problem, im only 20 years old. I want hair i want to feel good about myself.
So i want to start trying to get it back, any information you can give will be greatly accepted.
Heres my picture
Hair.jpg

Please help, i really pray it isnt to late for me

LosingTouch

Reaction score
Re: New here, 20 years old and balding

Hey Ehudd, welcome aboard. I'm sorry to hear that mate, hopefully treatment works well for you. Though the fuzzy picture in conjunction with your lightly colored buzzed hair makes it hard to see, I'd suggest the Big 3: Finasteride, minoxidil and Nizoral. Read up on the effects of each and skim through success stories to get a better understanding of what works and how - also maybe some clear pics from different angles ?

Ehudd

Reaction score
Thanks for posting man.
Okay i will deff look these up.
Just abit more of my story.
I knew i was going bald, it didnt bother me. I started a new job and im working with a young 18 year old kid that calls me a 40 year old constantly at work. I could handle it but now it gets me down. He has made me feel so self councious about it, by dont worry, today i put him in his place, he had so many warnings.

Ehudd

Reaction score
okay had a quick read. the Finasteride seems abit risky. I already have a case a gyno from teen years, but i guess that doesnt bother me. I want to give it a try at least, split the tablet i quarters. minoxidil and Nizoral i looked up seem to be or work the same? Its a shampoo? any brand names in particular i should get? Im guessing Finasteride will come from a doctors visit? thanks in advance

Ehudd

Reaction score
nohair.jpg

better pics, please give me to honest truth, is it to late for me? Just wish I did something sooner

LosingTouch

Reaction score
Hmm I'm no expert but it does seem like your thinning, however a year or more on a steady regime and I'm under the impression that could all change - if all goes to plan I think your situation is well recoverable. I recently started on finasteride, a local trichologist prescribed proscar and told me to cut the pill into 1/4s to save dollar. minoxidil I haven't started yet and am currently at odds as to whether I should start now or wait for results on finasteride alone. Nizoral I bought from the chemist, it's an anti-dandruff type shampoo and is called by it's name. To be honest the best results I have read have been from using a combination of the big three however there are select stories who simply see good results from finasteride alone. So it's really up to you, my only suggestion is too keep reading as much as you can to get a better understanding of your options and what each option offers. First and foremost however is going to see a dermatologist/trichologist to get a professional opinion, and maybe prescription for finasteride? Just to let you know also I've been on finasteride for nearly 2 weeks now and haven't had any noticeable side-effects..

justony

Reaction score
When going on a regiment, just remember to stick with it religiously for at least 6 months to a year, hair might get thinner then when you started the treatments between that period, but it's the meds working. Remeber there's really nothing to loose except for a bit of cash... Don't go bananas over the sides and stay positive! When your down it only screws more with your hormones... Good luck with whatever regimen you choose but take every horror and succes story u see with a grain of salt and remember your in control of your own life :)
good luck

Tony

Ehudd

Reaction score
well i decided i would go with minoxidil for now, i will get other things later, but this is all i could get for now! so its offically day one

Ehudd

Reaction score
im adding nizoral today
How often do i need to use it?
its 2%

finasteride can wait if this doesnt work

Reaction score
Ehudd said:
im adding nizoral today
How often do i need to use it?
its 2%

finasteride can wait if this doesnt work

nizoral on it's own won't work, it is merely supplementary. By the time for you to see if it has had an effect you've lost ground, it would be worthwhile if nizoral was shown to save or salvage hair, but it really is not a staple treatment compared to finasteride.

Ehudd

Reaction score
Im using minoxidil twice daily also.

So you guys think i should try finasteride? i just dont want the side effects

LosingTouch

Reaction score
From my understanding using finasteride in combination with minoxidil is much more likely to produce good results as apposed to either used by themselves, but that in mind finasteride is regarded as the key ingredient in any hair loss treatment. I've been on it for around 4 weeks now and slightly watery ejaculation is the only side effect I've noticed, even so I've heard that goes away after a while any way. You could just try it and if after a couple of weeks you get bad side effects you can stop taking it with no harm done..

heynow1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man if I were you I wouldnt waste anytime and start propecia(finasteride). Ive been on it almost 6 months and no sides at all, it is by far the most effective of all the hairloss drugs.

Ehudd

Reaction score
well already people notice a difference with my hair, I cant believe how much thicker my hair is looking!
Well i might give this some more time, but i do wanna try finasteride

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i just want to mention

i think a shaved head on you makes you look tuff

but its good that you are seeing improvements

Ehudd

Reaction score
finfighter said:
You have extremly aggresive hairloss!!! If you want to change your circumstance, you must attack it with all of the proven treatments. Minoxidil is primarily used to stimulate regrowth, however it does not block the enzyme, that is responsible for the conversion of DHT, DHT, is the main cause of hairloss, YOU HAVE TO BLOCK DHT. At your stage you have no time to waste, this is your last chance to save what you have, and reverse it. Get a prescription to Finasteride, or Duasteride, ASAP. Take one tablet everyday for a year, it takes one entire year to see full benifits. Use minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo, minoxidil daily, and nizoral three times a week. If you get on these treatments ASAP, at your age you may be able to reverse your hairloss, and actually regrow a good deal of hair. Remeber it takes an entire year of daily treatment, and people respond to these treatments, in different degrees but it's worth a shot. Also remember to take photos every 3 months to record your progress, don't be afraid of side effects they only occur in the minority, although you may be at a higher risk for gyno, however it may be worth the risk, that's up to you, good luck.

wow that was confronting. Gyno is not worth the risk, id rather loose my hair, i want to be an amateur bodybuilder. finasteride can wait a little longer, i have looked in threads and these 2 together can work, obviously not for everyone, but im going to try it a little longer.

Thanks to everyone thats been apart of this thread.
My hair is looking thicker, everyone keeps telling me :D i love it.