Eight Plus Years on Minoxidil and Shedding Like Crazy...Advice is Needed Please

respek

Reaction score
I have been on Minoxidil for over 8 years. I use 2% minoxidil in the morning (without PG due to an allergy...Costco pharmacy makes it for me in glycerin) and 5% in the evening (without PG..also from Costco pharmacy). I have tried Propecia in the past, but had to stop due to the side effects. I should also mention that my scalp is itchy and the doctor said red.

I am noticing that my hair has been shedding like crazy. I see lots of hair in my sink and they fall out even if I put my hands through my head. In the past two months, I have continued to recede in crown and front/temples, while the rest of my hair is becoming much less dense. Is there anything that I can do about this? I am on my way to loosing all of my hair.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
You could try a higher minoxidil concentration. May-be use 5% in the morning and 10% at night?

This is not generally approved treatment, but I'm sure some people on here have suggested that results with minoxidil are dose dependant. Worth a try if you are definitely not considering finasteride.