Ejaculation dysorder after 5 months of quitting Proscar

Finn1

Reaction score
Hi!

I hope someone is kind enough to help me.

Now I'm 24 years old. I took proscar 1,25 mg every day for 12 months (from April 2003) and quit in April 2004. But I still have the same problems with my ejaculation, which I had in autumn-winter 2003. The ejaculation volume is quite normal, compared to before April 2003. But the ejaculation force has diminished: I mean, there is not as much "pressure" as it used to have. Sometimes sperm just drips or oozes out from penis after orgasm.

I guess this is result form finasteride. In Merck's website has following page:

http://www.proscar.com/proscar_finaster ... volume.jsp

So Proscar 5 mg (and lower dose) decrease size of the prostate, maybe 20%. But why my prostate haven't gone "bigger and stronger" in these 5 months, after i quit taking 1,25 mg Proscar/day?

Please, could someone really help or share his experience. Thank you.

TooMuchMojo

Reaction score
Interesting.. I had this happen to me a few days ago and I felt that it was strange. I have been on finasteride for 2 months now and when I tried to hold my ejaculate the other day, I looked and it slowly oozed out. I mean if I want to shoot I can, but i was really good at holding it back to create a burst. Maybe it does have something to do with the finasteride.

G

If you are jizzing too much that will cause this problem. Just build it up for a few days and then let rip.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Other posters have mentioned this, and I've found it to be true myself recently. If you have having ejac problems (watery ejaculation especially) probably from the finasteride, then look into getting on a heavy vitamin/suppliment pill like GNC MegaMan. It's slowly changed me from watery to a much healthier load.
I believe it helps.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I'm still on finasteride and although my semen is more watery I find that the force behind it has increased 10 fold.
I could probably shoot it across the room. Strange that we would have exact opposite side effects.
Go to a Dr. and see what they say. I don't think anyone here's going to be able to help ya.
There's also a yahoo group called http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/fi ... e_effects/ . Maybe you could find more info there.

Finn1

Reaction score
Actually my semen isn't watery and it wasn't watery, when I took Proscar.

traxdata, you're right that the ejaculation frequency has something to do with my problem: if I wait a couple of days, then the load comes with force. But before Proscar I could easily jerk twice a day, without problems I described...

I forgot to mention that after I started to take Proscar (maybe in April-May 2003) after ejaculations I felt strange mild pain in my groins (maybe in the prostate). I didn't experience any pain after July-June 2003, but maybe then I noticed that that my ejaculation force has decreased..

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
This is gross to talk about but....

I drink a gallon or more of water a day and when I go....it comes out like a p**rn video money shot, just gushing...lol

maybe you're just dehydrated. :shock: