Energee's Story - ( 27 / Suggestion needed)

Energee

Reaction score
Hello,

I am glad to find this forum and see other people struggling with hair loss. I wish they could just come up with a real cure. I'm sure whoever cures baldness for good will earn an incredible amount of money. :)

Now to my case...

I'm 27 years old. I started noticing my hair thinning when i was about 21.
I still have hair, but (to me at least) it's pretty clear that's thinner and less than it was when i was 20.

As far as how this affects my psychologically, i must admit that i really cannot handle it and i almost cannot accept that I will actually loose my hair (I'm not the type that will look "OK" with shaved head; some guys are).

Now i have a couple of questions that really need to get answered.

My father is 65 and has alot of hair; he just loosed some on the front. Not too much though. My brother is 2 years older and also has tons of healthy hair. Both of my grandfathers died with their hair! I haven't seen any cousin or any other member of the family bald

1. How can this be? Is it possible that I got it from a grand-grand father? :)
2. Is it CERTAIN that I'm going to loose all of my hair?
3. Is there a change that the hair loss may just stop, or even re-grow hair at some age?

I also included a picture of me:

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/52554247.jpg/

If anyone is willing to give me suggestion for a cure that will be as close as it gets to natural cure; i would not like to get pills. (Proscar for example).
Every time i put my hand on my hair, my hand feels "slippy" afterwards. What does that mean? :)

Thank you in advance.

A.

Energee

Reaction score
Re: Energee's story - (Suggestion needed)

I would also like to ask, where exactly am I in norwood scale? :)

Energee

Reaction score

After doing a research on the forum, i have purchased these products:

1. Fungoral (Nizoral-Shampoo)
2. FREZYDERM Antidandruff Shampoo Neutral pH 200ml
3. Epicrin (Shampoo & Vitamins)

I would like to hear opinons about those.

Thank you
A.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

that's a pretty heavy camera flash in the picture, but it does look like diffuse thinning. i bet in most situations no one can even tell you're losing hair.

you might want to check out Nanogen hair fibers, which are great for concealing diffuse hair loss.

you could consider starting on Finasteride 1mg/day, that's the only long term solution. shampoo might make the hair look healthier, but isn't going to make any long term difference on it's own (my opinion).

i never used nizoral and it's really best if you have inflammation, or some other scalp condition in addition to regular male pattern baldness.