Enter a true clinical trial!

HairyBalding

Reaction score
This company is recruiting for Phase II clinical trials of its hair growth treatment. This is a publicly traded company (ie...not fly-by-night) with other FDA approved drugs (not male pattern baldness related). Take note, one of the exclusion criteria for this trial is that you may not have used Rogaine or Propecia in the previous 6 months.

Even if you don't qualify it might help to pass this info along to others you think might qualify and/or be interested in participating.

Click here for more info

*And "No", I don't work for this company nor do I have any vested interest in seeing this product succeed other than regaining lost hair. I'm on Propecia so I'm ineligible to participate myself.

G

What is photodynamic therapy?
Photodynamic therapy (known as 'PDT') is a combination treatment that uses light to make a drug work. The study drug, lemuteporfin, is a light-activated drug. The drug will be supplied in a cream form. The cream will be applied to the scalp and light will be shone on the treatment area after removal of the cream.

Interesting stuff. Post this sh*t in the General Hairloss Discussion Forum.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is "bump" equivalent to the american phrase "whatever", or something? =)

G

elguapo said:
Is "bump" equivalent to the american phrase "whatever", or something? =)

I think he just hit the car in front of him!

Roadkill

Reaction score
Not so good news.

I've just read a report on a QLT Investors' meeting that took place in December, and it doesn't look like they came up with anything substantial in their trials using PDT.

"Also, while the results of lemuteporfin in androgenetic alopecia showed
an increased mean or average hair count, the company will not develop this
indication on its own and has prioritized the BPH program."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stori ... 624&EDATE=

I've noticed that they took down the status report on the trials that they were running for alopecia. It does look like they'll go ahead in developing it as a treatment for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.

Oh well.

oni

Reaction score
So for the BPH treatment are they going to rub cream up your arse and stick a light up your bum :shock: :lol: