Equol Free Trial?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just use finasteride, which accomplishes essentially the same thing as equol.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm...so this stuff does actually work? How is the pricing compared to finasteride, more or less expensive? if its the same price or even a little more than finasteride wouldn't it be a better route to go since its all natural and its a topical with no sides?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cmudave said:
hmm...so this stuff does actually work? How is the pricing compared to finasteride, more or less expensive?

With the availability of Proscar (not to mention the availability of cheap generic finasteride from overseas) and the prospect of shutting down DHT for the price of only maybe a couple quarters per day, do you really think that you could do better by buying a risky, experimental nutritional supplement which claims to have enough equol in it to have a similar effect? Are you a gambling man? :wink:

cmudave said:
if its the same price or even a little more than finasteride wouldn't it be a better route to go since its all natural and its a topical with no sides?

Do you trust their claims?

powersam

Reaction score
will a product that stops dht from attaching to the receptors but does not stop it from being created, have the same side effects as something like finasteride?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
powersam said:
will a product that stops dht from attaching to the receptors but does not stop it from being created, have the same side effects as something like finasteride?

For obvious reasons, I'd be a bit more willing to believe that it might have fewer side-effects than dutasteride, but I'd have to see some serious evidence for it before I'd believe that it has fewer side-effects than finasteride.