ErikCasablancas's Story - (receded hairline/diffuse w/pics)

ErikCasablancas

Reaction score
I've been prowling around these boards for a couple months and would appreciate your advice.

I'm 25 years old and have experienced hair loss since I was 21. More specifically, my hairline receded, while the hair on the top of my head thinned (with the exception of my forelock).

For the past 8 months, I've taken the BIG 3 (1.25 mg Proscar, 2% Nizoral, and 5% Rogaine) and have had moderate results. My hairline seems to have strengthened and my density may have improved. It's difficult to tell.

At this point, I'm trying to figure out how to move forward. Because I'd like to correct my receded hairline, I'm interested in a hair transplant, but am concerned I may be young. I'd also like to know if there are additional treatments that may facilitate growth in my mid-scalp and vertex regions.

Do you have any suggestions? Also, where am I on the Norwood scale? Because I work in a fashion-related industry in which physical appearance, and consequently hair, are important, your input means a lot.

Thanks!

-E

Attachments

• HairLossTalk.com 1.jpg
    HairLossTalk.com 1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 233
  • HairLossTalk.com 2.jpg
    HairLossTalk.com 2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 211
  • HairLossTalk.com 3.jpg
    HairLossTalk.com 3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 204
  • HairLossTalk.com 4.jpg
    HairLossTalk.com 4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 221

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: I'm 25 Going on 57 (receded hairline/diffuse w/pics)

Hey man, rest assured you are doing all you reasonably can to save your hair. You likely won't have much regrowth in the temples, but keep doing what you are doing and you might see some good results. Some people see continued growth from finasteride after the first year.

It's up to you about the hair transplant, but I think your hair looks great. A reasonable goal would be to keep the hair you have for the next 5-10 years, until a more effective treatment is available. You have a good chance of acheiving this while using finasteride.

I would say you are a NW3 in the temples, and still pretty thick in the crown. Looking at you, I wouldn't consider you to be balding. Your hair could almost pass off as a mature hairline.

Keep up the big 3; you are in a really good position. Until you actually start losing ground, I wouldn't give your hair loss a second thought!

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: I'm 25 Going on 57 (receded hairline/diffuse w/pics)

Do you have pics from when you started your regime? Anyways, I agree with the above poster, keep going on with the Big 3 and hope for the best. Trying to live a health,y stable lifestyle would likely help out a bit to.

ErikCasablancas

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses! Yeah, I think I'll stick to the BIG 3 and hope for the best. A pic from 8 months ago is posted below. It's difficult to track my progress, because the photo was taken when my hair was almost completely buzzed off.

Attachments

• HairLossTalk.com-August Pic.jpg
    HairLossTalk.com-August Pic.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 226

skyghost

Reaction score
any updates dude? your hair loss is very similar to mine, just curious to see how things are coming along.

also, did you start your regimen with a buzz cut?

ErikCasablancas

Reaction score
Yes, I began my regimen with a buzz cut. Here are some updated photos after 17 months on the BIG 3. I think I've made some progress, but am not sure as my hair may seem denser simply because it's longer.

Attachments

• HairLossTalk.com-Updated Pic-1.jpg
    HairLossTalk.com-Updated Pic-1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 197
  • HairLossTalk.com-Updated Pic 2.jpg
    HairLossTalk.com-Updated Pic 2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 195
  • HairLossTalk.com-Updated Pic-3.jpg
    HairLossTalk.com-Updated Pic-3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 191
  • HairLossTalk.com-Update-Front.jpg
    HairLossTalk.com-Update-Front.jpg