Essential ols for hair - list

Garry

Reaction score
Hi buddies!
I've heard lots info about useful oils for hair - which helps to regrow and stimulate hair!
There are many different kinds olis of (useful for hair): flax, emu, jojoba, olive, peachy grape seed, cocos, vanilla, aprocot, burdock root, palm oil, etc.
Some shope sells them as mix.
I'm using just emu oil so far, i think it helps me and want to add new kinds.
What you can recomend? Do you have experience/warranted info of usage different kinds? What is better specific kinds or mix?

eddy_simpson

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm also trying out essential oils and the like. If your not using tea tree in any other way, I would recommend this. Also Avocado Oil looks promising, and Ive just bought myself some to try out.

Potentially oils could be beneficial in many areas, and so which ones to go for depends on what your after. The great thing about these oils is that they are easy to get hold of in small quantities to try out. The following are promising.

If you are experiencing any inflammation then tea tree, emu, grape seed...

For hair conditioning jojoba, emu, aloe coconut...

For regrowth pine oil, avocado oil, grape seed...

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I've got the recipe for that Scottish Study which utilizes essental oils. If you bump this thread as a reminder, I'll post it on Monday.

Garry

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
I've got the recipe for that Scottish Study which utilizes essental oils. If you bump this thread as a reminder, I'll post it on Monday.

Thank you hair transplant! It would be great and useful for all guys.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
If you purchsase all the carrier oils and the essential oils, it'll run you between $60 - $100. The good news is that the ingredients, once complied at home, last a really, really long time.

If you prefer to spend less $$ up front, you can get a month supply of the Scottish Study forumla already mixed up in a dropper bottle at:

http://www.hairgrowthessentials.com/home.html

I've purchased from this site before and they're legit and the product is good.

If you're one of those do-it-yourselfers and want to get everything and mix it up yourself at home - here ya go . . .

-----

Author Mark X from regrowth.com writes . . .

My concoction is called Emussential Oil Treatment.

The recipe calls for 23ml of emu mixed with 2 drops of Thyme (note that it should be Thymus Vulgaris),
and 3 drops of Rosemary (should be Rosemarinus Officinalis),
and 2 drops Cedarwood (Cedrus Atlantica) and 3 drops Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia).

These are the precise essential oils used in the study.

There are many different types of species of these plants and I am not sure that they all are the same.

So I recommend the precise species noted above.

The amount of drops of essential oil used is based on the same amount applied to the carrier oils in the study
(carrier oils used in the actual study were 20ml of grapeseed and 3ml of jojoba.)

If you go to VitaminUSA.com and search for each of these oils, you will find them.

The only exception is the lavender. Vitamin USA only has lavandula officinalis, and not angustifolia.

However, they had the right varieties of the other three. So, since I had the other three,
I opted for the lavandula officinalis instead of paying shipping charges somewhere else for just the Lavender.

The price is reasonable. I paid $37 plus shipping for all of these.

It is a one ounce supply of each. I usually use close to about 1ml of emu a night since I apply it all over the
top of my head. So with three drops of essential oil per 20ml of emu, I will use about 3 drops every 20 days.

There are about 1000-1300 drops in an ounce bottle, depending on viscosity.
So each 20 day refill uses three drops. Therefore 1,000/3 = 333 refills.
Each refill lasts me 20 days. So I have (333x20) 6,600 days of usage.
That translates into about 18.3 years of usage.
Better put, it will cost ½ of 1 penny per day to use the oils. There can’t be a cheaper hair loss remedy than that.

----

Note that the carrier oils used in the actual Scottish Study were 20ml of grapeseed and 3ml of jojoba

The author above instead uses 23 ml straight emu oil for his carrier and adds the essential oils to that.

What I've been doing is mixing up:

10 ml grapeseed oil, 10 ml emu oil, and 3 ml jojoba oil - and adding my essential oils to that.

Garry

Reaction score
Thanks hair transplant!
Unfortunately this shop hasn't delivery to my country, so have to make mix myself.. :?
I hope i could find components.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Mixing them up yourself really isn't hard.

I use one of those measuring cups that comes w/ cough medicine to measure out my carrier oils - and then add the essential oils to that - and then pour it all into a dropper bottle.

Good luck,