estrogen blockers...

jeffsss

Reaction score
Can a derm run a estrogen level test and can they perscribe a estrogen blocker to take care of gyno???

if not, is there a supplement i can buy that's good for this.

I don't have anything yet, just preparing.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
Can a derm run a estrogen level test and can they perscribe a estrogen blocker to take care of gyno???

if not, is there a supplement i can buy that's good for this.

I don't have anything yet, just preparing.

Gyno is super super rare, something in the order of >0.1, that is less than one person in 1000 may get some level of gyno, and to even get in to this competion you need to be on finasteride, to prepare for that is madness when you consider 1 in 4 people will eventually develop cancer without any help, are you also preparing for cancer ?

jeffsss

Reaction score
Radio said:
Gyno is super super rare, something in the order of >0.1, that is less than one person in 1000 may get some level of gyno, and to even get in to this competion you need to be on finasteride

I am on finasteride. check my regimine..

Radio said:
1 in 4 people will eventually develop cancer without any help, are you also preparing for cancer ?

well if this was a forum for cancer this would be a more appropriate question.

If you don't know.. then just reply "I don't know" it'll save me reading time. thanks.

mogadon

Established Member
Reaction score
radio why dont you drop the stupid sarcasm, or at least hide your location, your give my country a bad name.

people want serious answers, not your piped up bolloxs, retorick crap

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe gyno can happen especially in people when exposed to a sudden overwhelming rush of free testosterone... over time some of which can convert to estrogen.

For me, the effect of gyno was very subtle. But yes, it was also fairly noticeable, mostly around the nipple area. The shape around the nipple changed, and started to protrude slightly, as if fat was beginning to accumulate in this area. And my overall chest became slightly rounded in shape, instead of hard and flat.

So at least for me, it was a very *real* concern... although, getting off of Finasteride completely for a month, and then lowering my dosage solved the problem completely.

jeffsss

Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
So at least for me, it was a very *real* concern... although, getting off of Finasteride completely for a month, and then lowering my dosage solved the problem completely.

How long were you on finisteride? what dosage were you at and what did you lower it to?

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
joseph49853 said:

How long were you on finisteride? what dosage were you at and what did you lower it to?

I have been on Finasteride for 3 years. 1 year at 1mg, and then lowered it to .5mg, and currently take .25mg daily; although, I am thinking of upping my dosage back to .5mg.

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
I think u can use something called novedeux, i heard that somewhere. Hope someone can clear that up with u. And share here to plzz.

jeffsss

Reaction score
sl said:
I think u can use something called novedeux, i heard that somewhere. Hope someone can clear that up with u. And share here to plzz.

yes i've heard of that. usually anabolic steroid users use that when they're doing a cycle with Test. however, i've heard it's not good for long term use/solution.

i'm thinking something more natural or less harmful.?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi Jeff -

Radio wasn't trying to be a dick, im sure of it. He was just saying that like most of us long term veterans (6+ years) we start to realize that people worry themselves to death, and that this can do more harm than good.

The "fear of gyno" is an example of this. I think he was just trying to remind you how incredibly rare it is, and that the 1% actually seem to(unfortunately for us all) hang out on this forum and post repeatedly. Based on the knowledge of how rare it is, concern about gyno ends up qualifying as paranoia, and paranoia isn't healthy.

However, you did say you are just planning for the future, which I will say ... is a future that probably will never happen. That said, the proper way to handle this is basic:

1) Get baseline estrogen test prior to taking Propecia or soon after
2) Monitor your estrogen levels every 6 months with another test.

Doing this not only enables you to separate yourself from the paranoid chubbies who think Propecia is responsible for thier ever increasing chest fat ... but it also enables you to be responsible with your health, identifying a true estrogen excess via a legit blood test, and taking appropriate steps to reduce it.

If you ever do get a conclusive estrogen blood test that is higher than normal, simply reduce dosage of finasteride, wait 6 weeks, test again. If not resolved, consider dropping finasteride and beginning a topical antiandrogen regimen of Revivogen+Topical spironolactone Lotion 5%.

This is how you methodically approach a problem like fear of gyno, authentically identify it without paranoia or assumptions, and deal with it in a constructive manner.

HairLossTalk.com

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe it's important to qualify statements or general observations as to not induce paranoia concerning Gynecomastia. For instance, my choosing terms like "very subtle" and "fairly noticeable" gives far different meaning than terms like 'huge' or 'extremely pronounced.'

And if you're part of the rare 2%, or even if your effects are mostly mild, the esthetics of having even slight man boobs is just as alarming as losing one's hair. Although, baldness is far less of a medical concern than the onset of complete Gynecomastia. But when you observe real changes in your chest's shape, and then a few people around you notice too -- without the least bit of coercion -- you start looking for answers. :) This is what led me here.

BTW, Don't get me wrong... I don't find the sarcasm, or jocularity, offsetting; even if in my mind, a little bit goes a long way. Yet, I don't know if it's a wise idea to make newbies part of a punchline, when only the regulars are in on the joke. I don't believe it always creates a very helpful or freindly environment.