eucapil/fluridil - Dr Proctor

steve333

Reaction score
Below is a quote from hairlosshelp.com on eucapil/ fluridil, is Dr Proctor confusing fluridil/eucapiol with something else like flutamide??
I thought eucapil did not have significant sides??

ASK A HAIR LOSS OR HAIR TRANSPLANT EXPERT

Question ID:9142 | Fluridil Follow-up | Asked on 01/17/05

C asked: "Dr. Proctor, In a previous question I asked about the efficacy of fluridil. You said, "Yes Fluridil likely works. The problem is that it is readily absorbed systemically form topical application." Why is this a problem? What are the potential negative effects of systemic absorption? Are they similar to Propecia sides? "

Dr Peter H. Proctor, PhD MD answered: "Fluridl is a very potent antiandrogen that has the same side-effects as propecia, only at a significantly higher incidence. To my knowledge, it has not been looked at to treat pattern loss (too many side-effects). However studies on women indicate that the antiandrogenic effects of topical treatment are most likely purely due to systemic absorbtion. So what's the point ?

Peter H. Proctor, PhD, MD BRwww.drproctor.com

"

steve333

Reaction score
eucapil sides

What is Dr Proctor talking about? I was about to start eucapil today..

Do you reckon he is confusing it with flutamide?

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed before here, and the general consensus was that Dr Proctor had confused Fluridil with Flutamide. Fluridil is safe. And is aproved in some EU countries (Czech Republic at least) as a cosmetic help for hairloss, or something on those lines. I don't know if it does work or not, but it wouldn't be aproved as cosmetic in any civilised country if it had those side effects.