Eucapil

Petchsky

Reaction score
If you do a search on the forum, i remember there being a few threads on it with pictures of people trying it. Look in the experimental sub forum.

Dani_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Eucapil was no good for me and some others...

On the other hand it has been good for some others...

el_duterino

Reaction score
Dani_uk said:
Hi there,

Dani, your the one who also reported no success at all with dutasteride..while dutasteride has been proven as very effective against androgenic alopecia in several studies.

For Eucapil (=fluridil)..anyone who has some positive results from using anti-androgens such as finasteride or dutasteride will benefit from adding Eucapil to their regimen.
But don't use fluridil it on its own, it has to be a combo. fluridil has no side effects.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
I've been considering adding Fluridil to my arsenal but I really only need it for the front couple of inches, so then my question for you: does each ampoule need to be used up on the day of opening, or can I divide the 2 ml between two applications?

el_duterino

Reaction score
once opened, the ampule has to be used right away. i would also consider using flutamide for the front, both drugs work well at the hairline. maybe alternate 1 day flutamide, one day fluridil.

dertim

Reaction score
Hi el_duterino,

What do you think, how generously should fluridil be applied to have the desired effect?
Or how big is the area that you apply it to?
I ask since I'm a diffuse thinner in the NW6 area and still have relatively thick hair, so I use about 3ml Minoxidil to get a good coverage.
But 4ml Fluridil would be way too much and pricey. And 2ml seems to be too little. :(

Thank you!

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
el_duterino said:
once opened, the ampule has to be used right away. i would also consider using flutamide for the front, both drugs work well at the hairline. maybe alternate 1 day flutamide, one day fluridil.
I suspected that might be the case for Fluridil, the sealed containers being a bit of a clue.

So, about this Flutamide stuff... with the demise of Flutagel it's a case of knocking up your own concoction, right? Some oral Flutamide mixed with...?

Thanks for the info., previous post and your next one.

Slarti

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Like i understand about the Fluridil that can't give you sides like other androgens but small chances to be good responder. In other hand Flutamide is very powerfull but everyone should think twice before taking this drug orally. The sides that you can get from finasteride are joke compared with flutamide.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
I believe el_duterino uses Flutamide capsules as the base of a topical anti-androgen, which is the extent of my interest in using the drug.

But even though I wasn't considering taking them orally, thanks for the general warning to anyone who stumbles upon this thread.

Slarti

Dani_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
[quote="Dani_uk":2dydm631]Hi there,

Dani, your the one who also reported no success at all with dutasteride..while dutasteride has been proven as very effective against androgenic alopecia in several studies.

For Eucapil (=fluridil)..anyone who has some positive results from using anti-androgens such as finasteride or dutasteride will benefit from adding Eucapil to their regimen.
But don't use fluridil it on its own, it has to be a combo. fluridil has no side effects.[/quote:2dydm631]

El_duterino

Yes, I have been keeping an upto date posting of my progress/lack of progress with dutasteride.

For your info and for the benefit of others, I did have very good results with Propecia for 2 years. And like with some others who are also assessing dutasteride, the results have not been so good as yours. So the bandwagon 'your the one' needs to be dropped and changed in the future.

I clearly mentioned in my post, Eucapil has worked for some and not so well for others- people respond in different ways.

One other point El_duterino, you have claimed in several of your posts over the past year, and thats on here and HLH, several medications being the 'real deal.' These claims have been made after using them for 1 week or so. You have also claimed in some or your posts that the effetivness of Fluridil, even though you used 4 capsules, needed to be supplemented with Flutamide.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and experiences, and it is these experiences which are shared on websites such as this one. So please before you decide to post judgmental phrases or threads, please remember people respond to meds in different ways.

Cheers!

el_duterino

Reaction score
fluridil does inhibit androgen receptors, and based on my own experience it did halt hair shedding but did not thicken existing hair that much.

So reducing the number of androgen recepetors should keep your haircount, but to get thicker hair you might add a topical androgen antagonist such as RU or flutamide. both Ru and flutamide work the same way..flutamide has potentially more side effects if used at the same % than RU but again, if you use just a bit of flutamide at the hairline and EOD, then you will experience no side effects.

I still use the now disconntinued flutagel product because I have enough left over.

So again, like I wrote many times here, the best regimen is a combination of a good DHT reducer like oral dutasteride, a safe & effective androgen receptor inhibitor like fluridil, and a powerful androgen antagonist like RU or Flutamide.

people make the mistake of replacing a drug with another...and never see good results.
For aggressive hairloss only a combo will work.

I read almost all the posts on RU and used RU & Flutamide myself..after a few months many people experience a drop of effectiveness. I noticed that too.
I think that the body tries to compensate the effects of the drug by up-regulating some things..maybe the number of AR, or the testosterone amount, or the sensivity to DHT/test of the AR and so forth.

Therefore the trio of drugs is needed for long-term, steady results, in order to lessen the effects of upregulation.

Anyway..good luck to all of you trying to beat hairloss..this is possible.
I started to thin about 15 years ago and begun by using propecia 11 years ago... and my hair has not changed since then thanks to all the various drugs. Not an easy task but it is possible to maintain so long.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Ah, I see, you've got some of the old Flutagel left over. Its discontinued status poses a problem for the rest of us, and you once your supply is exhausted.

Back to thoughts of Fluridil and bumping my once-a-day minoxidil dousing up to Xandrox 15.

Thanks for your posts,
Slarti

dude11

Reaction score
hi all.
i have never heard of anyone using RU, yet el-dutasteride is saying its important that it will be a parrt of a working regimen.
i have absolutely no intention to question u, el-dutasteride, however i would like to ask of u to explain what do u base it on.
there are few to none experiences with RU, except for studies.
true the studdies are impressive, but noone has actually used it enough to say that it is as good as u claim.
if this is based on information i do not have, i would love to use RU to my regimen.
ty

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
dude11 said:
hi all.
i have never heard of anyone using RU, yet el-dutasteride is saying its important that it will be a parrt of a working regimen.
i have absolutely no intention to question u, el-dutasteride, however i would like to ask of u to explain what do u base it on.
there are few to none experiences with RU, except for studies.
true the studdies are impressive, but noone has actually used it enough to say that it is as good as u claim.
if this is based on information i do not have, i would love to use RU to my regimen.
ty

RU it's not really a new drug, it's maybe 10 years passed until got discovered. You can find lot of users in the past from the forums, at this moment hard to find RU users but when got discovered lot of people actually got tried.

The benefits of the RU from all the reports i've read that no side effects, propecia like results or little bit better. The only downside it's the stability of the ru, if you order it on summer days there are good chances to get bad batches. The other downside which is still unclear to me is that many users report good results at the first months and after that they droped. We all know that also minoxidil and finasteride lose their effect because of the balding process but it takes years for that.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm quite new in all these terms in hair loss, but like i understand RU and Eucapili block different things on the scalp??