Everything you need to know about ASC-J9

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
... but failed to ask because you're watching too much p**rn.

I am just going to put some links, as a starter, hoping it will start a discussion on what could be our next arsenal against male pattern baldness. Hey, if ASC-j9=2*Fluridil then ASC-j9=0.66*RU which means it is definitely worth adding. The links below suggest it is safe.

http://www.androscience.com/artman/publ ... 0609.shtml

http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v13/n3/abs/nm1547.html

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00525499

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... adid=66868

but does it grey out hair ?
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=46360&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
I always think of indians when I think of curcumin, lot of strong hair, that turns grey very early on.

PS: ASC-J9 is , as you know, now available "in stores"...
PS': I am not a freaking doctor

el_duterino

Reaction score
a few things we do know though:

1) The molecule has been known for almost 10 years
2) During this period, the company, Androscience never published any single study on its effects on hair loss, or hair growth in animals or humans.

In comparison, notice how many studies we have had with RU58841..on animals and even 2 human studies.

3)There was an announcement that in fall 2009, a foam version will be tested on male pattern baldness sufferers..but nothing has been happening. Plans seemed to have been dropped.

4)On those Dutch forums, it seems that a few ASC-j9 users mention libido and lack of erection issues.

I wrote this before but I strongly believe that this ASC-j9 will cause androgenic sides at high dosages.

We have no indication of a very short serum half life such as RU.

We have no indications that ASC-j9 will degrade into an unharmful susbtance in the skin (like CB) when used as a topical at high doses.

At the very low dosages used for Acne, there will be no side effects but the dose is too weak to inhibit enough AR to stop male pattern baldness in a major way.

Inhibiting AR is not an easy task and requires quite a lot of a powerful drug. Unless the molecule is designed to break-up in the blood I don't see how they can achieve this without major side effects.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
El duta

I am not sure that all companies publish results, some prefer to wait till they can go on market. They have been focusing on acne treatment but they are past phase II and seem advancing so this means the side effects shouldn t be that strong... actually most report no side effects. If you find a link to that guy who s complaining about ED please post it here.. it all depends on how long this last. You and I and others had negative side effects on RU but this lasted only few days, which is much less worrying that fina's symptoms. so maybe ASC-J9 is similar.

I agree with you that they have been very slow, but remember pharma is a complicated market, otherwise RU would have been on the market today..

all I am saying is let's investigate this more.. and keep an eye on the dutch.

Fluridil working good for me, now I am out of it for 3 weeks (they so slow) and have been shedding since.. this stuff just halts big sheds.. and I am just saying that if ASC-J9 is more potent then fluridil and works the same way, then it could potentially do wonders for some of us.

I heard some good stuff on that dutch forum.. will try and copy links soon.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter,

Cosmo said that in their study review on CB. They said it broke down into a safe substance the body already has cortexolone.

They also said its only around 1% in blood plasma. So it isnt much.

Waynakyo,

When do you apply fluridil since you use minoxidil twice per day?

And are you no longer using RU I take it?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
baldinglikeamofo said:
The cortexolone can really mess up your skin!!!!!

My belief: there will never be a real cure.

How does cortexolone mess up your skin?

el_duterino

Reaction score
To determine if ASC-J9 can be a successful male pattern baldness treatment, the answer lies in the serum half-life.

I was not able to find this info over the net, if someone can post this or ask the firm we will quickly have the final conclusion on this ASC-J9.