Evident's Story - (Age 22, started thinning at 19)

Evident.Brilliance

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm new here *(obviously haha)* I'm 22, male, && live in Washington.

Well I guess i'll get right to the point, I was about 19 when I started to notice my hair thinning, it wasn't extreme or really NOTICEABLE, to be honest, I've always liked my hairline, how the temples were a little thinner, & it never bothered me much.

As the years went on, slowly but surely I could see I was going to be losing my hair earlier than the average guy. My brother would even tell me Just shave your head, you'd look good bald But I just CAN'T bring myself to do so, i've imagined myself being bald & I just DON'T think i'd look right, there's some who can pull it off, & i'm not one of them lol.

Anyways, I just bought Rogaine foam last week & used it for one day, then happened to come across this site & read about 'dread sheds'! I stopped immediatly haha, I work in a public enviroment & did NOT want to start shedding *(If I was one of the unlucky ones)* so I decided to hold off until I start a new job which will be within a month.

I'm also going to see my doctor on Monday & hope he'll be willing to prescribe Finpecia/Propecia & am going to start my journey on to having a full head of hair again, I hear that if you start before it gets too bad then you have a good chance to get really good results.

I will take BEFORE & AFTER pictures to see how everything turns out. =) Glad to see so many success stories on here, it makes me feel more confident that it CAN work, if you stay with it.

Sean68

Reaction score
Re: Hi there! =)

sounds like a plan. dont forget the nizoral shampoo. i think those three products are called
'the big three' or something. the shedding is something you might have to put up with using any product not just minoxidil. its usually a good sign. good luck.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Hi there! =)

good plan, and GL!

swizz216

Reaction score
I'm also from Washington and I started going bald at 19 and am 22 now. Maybe it's the pesticide on our delicious apples? that would be lame. anyways, good luck to you, hope all works well!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
also remember to take pics every month so you can track your progress.

Evident.Brilliance

Reaction score
Alright, so I talked with my doctor & he prescribed me propecia today, i'm going to pick it up tmrw & start taking it, I don't think i'll do the rogaine at first because I want to see how the propecia works on it's own, if it doesn't make much of a difference then i'll add in the minoxil in a year, but yep, hope it works! =)

BTW what part of Washington you from Swizz? I'm like 20 minutes away from Seattle. =P

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GL!