ew2x4's story

ew2x4

Reaction score
Well, nearly 10 months ago, I noticed hair in my shower off and on. It continually got worse. I got fooled into P-r-o-c-e-r-i-n. It just dried my scalp. I'm trying to get my money back with their unconditional 90 day return. I'm now looking for where to go now. I'm thinking of trying Rogaine Foam and the Nizoral Shampoo. What would you all recommend?

My hair line is not well defined. It's REALLY thin in the front, and it's starting to get noticeably thin further back. Classic male pattern baldness.

The worst part? I'm only 22. :(

So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wasted time with P-rocerin also.

Get on finasteride first before going down the minoxidil route, its much easier regieme to maintain as you have to stick with is for life.

nizoral shampoo also.

Hopefully you can get hairloss under control but to need to keep it up for at least 6 months to start seeing results.

ew2x4

Reaction score
I'm kinda worried about the side effects of finasteride. Are they legit concerns? Are they permanent?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about sides, many people don't get any or if they do they are mild and temporary.

I got sides so just reduced the dose per day and it was much better.

If you want to really do something about your hairloss then you have to go for it.

ew2x4

Reaction score
Nick4441 said:
Don't worry about sides, many people don't get any or if they do they are mild and temporary.

I got sides so just reduced the dose per day and it was much better.

If you want to really do something about your hairloss then you have to go for it.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

ew2x4

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy finasteride? Going to the doctor and get propecia or generic tablets?

G

generics from an Internet pharmacy depending on where you live. Get Fincar, it is the cheapest!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ew2x4 said:
Taugenichts said:
generics from an Internet pharmacy depending on where you live. Get Fincar, it is the cheapest!

Do I still need a prescription?

Nope.

ew2x4

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, guys. I started on the Rogaine Foam and nizoral. nizoral really helped my dry scalp after my first wash. The Rogaine seems to make my heart race a little bit. I'm not 100% sure it's the rogaine, as I applied it after taking a shower I had after I went running.

I know racing heart is a side effect. What do you guys think I should do. I assume keep trying it and see if it keeps up, but you're the ones with experience.

WonderLad

Reaction score
ew2x4 said:
Thanks for the reply, guys. I started on the Rogaine Foam and nizoral. nizoral really helped my dry scalp after my first wash. The Rogaine seems to make my heart race a little bit. I'm not 100% sure it's the rogaine, as I applied it after taking a shower I had after I went running.

I know racing heart is a side effect. What do you guys think I should do. I assume keep trying it and see if it keeps up, but you're the ones with experience.

I can't speak for everyone, but in my experience the heart racing phenomenon was temporary. I experienced similar sensations during the first two or three weeks of use, along with slight swelling of the cheeks and a reddish color in the face. They were gone in four to six weeks and, for the most part, I attribute any maintenence/regrowth I may have experienced to the strength of minoxidil foam. Definitely give it at least six weeks, I'd say.
Get on the fincar, too. At the very least that regimen has proven results and will give you the peace of mind to know that you're addressing your situation in the most competent way possible.

Good luck, keep us posted!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
WonderLad said:
ew2x4 said:

I can't speak for everyone, but in my experience the heart racing phenomenon was temporary. I experienced similar sensations during the first two or three weeks of use, along with slight swelling of the cheeks and a reddish color in the face. They were gone in four to six weeks and, for the most part, I attribute any maintenence/regrowth I may have experienced to the strength of minoxidil foam. Definitely give it at least six weeks, I'd say.
Get on the fincar, too. At the very least that regimen has proven results and will give you the peace of mind to know that you're addressing your situation in the most competent way possible.

Good luck, keep us posted!

I experienced the same senario during the first two weeks of minoxidil applications as well...but the impact went away graduately.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ew2x4 said:

just keep it up for a while and see if the sides will gradually go away.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
i would go for proscar - you need a prescription and you have to cut them but its legit and very cheap plus you can take the scrip to your local pharmacy so no waiting around

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Propecia is just TOO expensive.

bustabucket

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't need a prescription for Proscar if you buy it online.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
bustabucket said:
You don't need a prescription for Proscar if you buy it online.

Where can I get it? I thought I need prescription for both Propecia and Proscar.

ew2x4

Reaction score
I'd also like to know the best way to get this. I'm in the US. I'd like to not get a prescription. Can anyone help???